|End of the World|
|Number of acts||
End of the World is the final level in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), where all of the playable characters in the game (except for Blaze and Sonic) work together to gather all seven Chaos Emeralds and resurrect Sonic before Solaris manages to completely destroy the fabric of reality.
It is a mix of seven different levels in the game, with different characters playable in each level: Crisis City (as Tails), Flame Core (as Omega), Tropical Jungle (as Knuckles), Dusty Desert (as Silver), Wave Ocean (as Rouge), White Acropolis (as Amy) and Kingdom Valley (as Shadow). Eventually, the screen will change color and black hole-like spheres will appear. If the player touches them with the character, he/she will instantly die and lose a life. These can be eliminated by touching orbs with an eagle on top to revert these black holes. However, they will come back after approximately 8 seconds.
Collect all the Chaos Emeralds and save Sonic.
- Each segment in End of the World has a different theme, depending on what character plays through each segment (e.g.: Amy's version of the theme is a slower, sadder toned part of Sonic's theme, His World, most likely depicting her sadness towards Sonic's death).
- Radical Train and Aquatic Base are the only levels that do not have segments in this stage.
- The Black Holes in this stage are capable of sucking up rings that have been dropped.
- Both the red time rifts that are part of Iblis and the purple ones that are part of Mephiles, turn blue when time starts falling apart, resembling Solaris.
- The black hole-like spheres resemble Mephiles' eyes, and the red ones resemble Iblis'.