Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies, and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
Evan Stanley (born 27 October 1992), is an American freelance comic illustrator who pencils for Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. She has also done a couple of works for the Sonic Boom franchise.
Evan Stanley was homeschooled until high school, where she began attending a community college. She has an AA degree in Studio Art from Cabrillo College, and is currently studying for her Bachelor's Degree in Animation/Illustration at San Jose State University. Stanley states that she has been drawing her whole life. Before she became a Sonic fan, she created many fantasy art with subjects such as dragons, unicorns, fairies, and scientific illustrations.
Stanley addresses that she has always been a reader, but wasn't really interested in comics — with the exceptions of Calvin and Hobbes, Bone, and various manga like Fullmetal Alchemist, as listed — however, once she became a fan of the Sonic series around age 13-14, some of the first comics she read and loved were of fellow deviant, Darkspeeds' various comics and Ian Flynn's "Other-M". Stanley expresses, "Comics seemed like the most natural way to tell the stories I was making up. Sequential art comes to me very naturally, and I have no intention of stopping."
Evan Stanley has been making Sonic fancomics since 2006, the year she became a Sonic fan. Her main, and most popular comic series is "Ghosts of the Future", commonly abbreviated "GOTF". The comic focuses on an alternate reality of Earth in which Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends are defeated by Dr. Eggman with the aide of a mind-manipulated Shadow the Hedgehog. The comic features Silver the Hedgehog as the main character, who is chosen to restore the seven Chaos Emeralds that were removed from time as a last resort.
Outside of her "Ghosts of the Future" series, Stanley is also the current steward of Darkspeeds' comic, "Tails Away". "Shadow Underground", an inking exercise that Stanley did for a class, is also a popular project amongst her readers. Stanley has also illustrated an issue of "Sonic Unbound", a comic series belonging to one of Evan's friends, Okida. Older comics created by Evan Stanley include "Valentine's Day" and "Possessed Hero", both of which can be found in her gallery on deviantART.
After entering the "Sonic Vs." contest announced in 2010, Stanley was contacted by Paul Kaminski, editor of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. Though Stanley didn't win the contest, her entry provided the gateway to her first official Archie Comics commission, the Sonic the Hedgehog Free Comic Book Day pinup released on May 2011.
Since then, Stanley continues to contribute to Archie Comics as a freelance illustrator, a job that Stanley is commissioned and paid on a case-by-case basis. Stanley primarily does work as a penciler, but also does ink and color work from time to time. Stanley's job as a penciler sometimes gives her the pleasure of getting to design or redesign a character, such as her design of Harvey Who in Issue #233.
- Sonic the Hedgehog Free Comic Book
- 2015 (cover color)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Boom
- Sonic Boom #1 (Variant Cover)
- Sonic Universe
- Sonic Boom (comic series)
- Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (comic prologue)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- #231 ("Haunted")
- #233 ("From the Shadows")
- #238 ("Foundation Work")
- #247 ("At All Costs Part One: Fate Interrupted")
- #252 ("At All Costs Part Two: A New Lease on Life")
- #257 ("Damage Control")
- #258 ("The Chase Part One")
- #259 ("The Chase Part Two" and "After the Credits Scene")
- #260-#263 ("Light in the Dark Part One-Three")
- #263 ("Consequences")
- #267 ("Ambushed! Part Two") (page 16-20)
- #272 ("Ray of Hope") (page 11-20)
- #277-#279 ("Hidden Costs Part One-Three")
- In 2008, Evan Stanley was one of the North American winners of the Sonic and the Black Knight art contest. She not only had her entry featured in the bonus material of the game, but was also sent a free — month late — copy of the game from Sega.
- Evan Stanley's deviantART Profile
- Evan Stanley on YouTube
- Evan Stanley on Tumblr
- Profile of Evan Stanley on Megaman Monthly
- ↑ http://evanstanley.deviantart.com/art/Tais-Away-cont-01-71680009
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPnoqbwjiWg
- ↑ http://evanstanley.deviantart.com/art/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-FCBD-Pinup-207997520
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (10 November 2016). Retrieved on 13 November 2016. “Bill Freiberger: Yes. @IanFlynnBKC and @SpiritSonic have each contributed scripts to "Sonic Boom" Season 2.”
- ↑ Evan Stanly (4 September 2014). Tumblr. Retrieved on 6 September 2014.
- ↑ http://evanstanley.deviantart.com/journal/Sonic-and-the-Black-Knight-U-S-winners-list-235431078
- ↑ http://www.tssznews.com/2008/10/21/full-list-of-black-knight-art-contest-winners/