Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this object before the Super Genesis Wave, see Extreme Gear (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Extreme Gears are objects that appear in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a term used for various airborne vehicles designed for speed and versatility. They are popular with various factions, from the New Freedom Fighters to members of the Egg Army.
Sometime in the not-too-distant past, Team Sonic utilized Extreme Gears to compete in a number of races, and contend with a number of other groups, including Team Dark, Team Rose, and, most commonly, the Babylon Rogues.
Countdown to Chaos
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Extreme Gears' original timeline ended.
When professors Dillon Pickle and Charles the Hedgehog had been kidnapped by Dr. Eggman's forces, the New Freedom Fighters used Extreme Gears to pursue the train the professors had been placed in at Soleanna Forest Zone, and would use the Gears again to depart after succeeding in their mission. Antoine D'Coolette in particular used an Extreme Gear to travel to Harbor Heights alongside Bunnie while on the hunt for a Chaos Emerald. Later, at Sand Hill Zone, after a botched attempt at retrieving the blue Chaos Emerald, Team Fighters (which, at the time, consisted of Tails, Amy, and Rotor) came to Team Freedom's ( which consisted of Sally, Antoine, and Bunnie) aid via Extreme Gears.
When Sigma had begun targeting multiple worlds in his bid for complete domination over the multiverse, those of the Unified Army incapable of achieving flight on their own used Extreme Gear to travel to these worlds, recruit their heroes, and return to the Unified World.
Extreme Gears would continue to serve as one of the Freedom Fighters' primary means of transportation, with Sally using one to travel from Thunder Plains Zone, to Stone Stormlands Zone, and back to the Sky Patrol. She again used a Gear to travel to and depart Spagonia alongside Rotor.
- ↑ Sonic Riders
- ↑ Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
- ↑ Sonic Free Riders
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #252, "At All Costs Part 2: A New Lease on Life"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #253, "Countdown to Chaos Part One: The Builder"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #257, "Damage Control"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #258, "The Chase: Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #259, "The Chase: Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #264, "A Nice Day to Start Again"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #264, "Ambushed! Part One"
- ↑ Mega Man #51, "Worlds Unite! Part Eight: Holes in Reality"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #78, "Worlds Unite Part Nine: Infinite Possibilities"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #10, "Worlds Unite Part Ten: Justice Across Worlds"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #277, "Thunder, Rain and Lightning"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #277, "Hidden Costs Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #279, "Hidden Costs Part Three"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #280, "A Special Occasion"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #285, "Panic In The Sky Part Two: Falling Into Place"
|This article or section about a TV and comics information is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!