|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Ooh-ooh-ooh! Us too! Us too-hoo-hoo!
— Falke Wulf, Sonic Universe #83
Falke Wulf, also known as Falke the Wolf, is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is an mobian wolf and a member of Wendy Naugus' Witchcarters.
Concept and creation
Since the name of the game counterpart to Falke sounded too similar to a certain cussword, this character was named "Falke" since it sounded similar to the original and it was a model of plane by the Focke-Wulf company, which Ian Flynn figured would honor the original. His head shape and markings were designed after Lupe, while his clothing was designed after his vehicle.
Falke is a mobian wolf who has dark blue fur, blue eyes and peach skin. His nose is red, and his gloves and shoes are navy and mustard yellow, sporting colors designed based on the model of his airboard.
Falke was employed by Wendy Naugus and worked together with her and his fellow Witchcarters, Carrotia the Rabbit and Bearenger the Grizzly to take control of an island. He was beaten by Miles "Tails" Prower as the latter wanted to save his friend, Sonic the Hedgehog.
Years later, Falke was forced to work Wendy Naugus so that she and her brother could take control of Eggmanland. Here, he was granted the power of Dark Gaia Energy and was able to manipulate it into deadly beams for combat. When Dr. Eggman came to investigate the group's intrusion, Falke and his allies easily drove the doctor off.
After the battle, Falke and the Witchcarters kept a lookout for any intruders, where they soon engaged Lord Mordred Hood and Conquering Storm in combat. Falke and his team proved more powerful, but the Egg Bosses Tundra and Akhlut shut down the generator from where the Withcarters harnessed their power. Now weakened, Falke and the Witchcarters were defeated in no time. Mordred Hood then broke Wendy's hold over Falke, and the Witchcarters joined the Egg Bosses for revenge on Wendy. However, they were brought under Wendy's control again when they confronted her.
Falke would engage Dr Eggman and his Egg Bosses one more time, but was defeated more easily as Wendy had trouble controlling him in the heat of the battle. After Wendy was made an Egg Boss on a whim, she regained control over Falke and the Witchcarters and they all got implants from the Injector for communication and discipline.
Panic in the Sky
Falke Wulf is a giggling maniac and the most unhinged member of the Witchcarters. He is constantly laughing, even when he is asleep.
Powers and abilities
- Falke Wulf is based on Focke-Wulf from the video game Tails' Skypatrol.
- Falke is the only instance of his species name being spelled as "Wulf" instead of "Wolf", however, this could potentially be a part of his name such as a surname, as Sonic Universe #84 refers to Falke Wulf as Falke the Wolf as well.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Sonic Universe #84, "Letter from the Editor"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sonic Universe #83, "Eggman's Dozens Part One: Hostile Takeover"
- ↑ Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (30 March 2016). Archived from the original on 1 April 2016.
- ↑ Sonic Universe #84, "Eggman's Dozen Part Two: Power Meeting"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #85, "Eggman's Dozen Part Three: Team Management"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #86, "Eggman's Dozen Finale: Synergizing"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #283, "Zero Hour"
|This article or section about a character is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!