Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic fighting the Black Knight
A confined island
Sonic is told by Merlina that he must head to Avalon, as that is where King Arthur is. After confronting him at Avalon along with Caliburn, Sonic battles and defeats King Arthur. At the end of the fight, Sonic knocks the king off his horse and the horse disappears. After celebrating his victory, the king also disappears, leaving nothing behind but the Scabbard of Excalibur.
Throughout the entire boss fight, Sonic must chase and avoid the attacks of king Arthur. To fill the soul gauge, Sonic must swing his sword to deflect a red orb attack that King Arthur will use every other time he attacks. Once Sonic's soul surge is full, he can use it to attack the Black Knight. This is done by swinging the Wiimote and specific times when a Wiimote appears on the screen.
The area itself seems to be a loop-styled area. The king's final resting place is an elegant place, with large golden structures throughout.
- Defeat the Boss: King Arthur - 250 followers
- Chain of Rings: Get a 350 Ring Chain - 250 followers
- Total Rampage: Defeat as many enemies as you can - 600 followers
- Ultimate Challenge: Defeat as many enemies without being hit - 400 followers
|Faraway Avalon||2:23||Jun Senoue|
- According to commentary from SEGA, this stage was purposely colored to look yellow.
- On the map, Avalon is shaped slightly like Ireland, the island to the west of Great Britain.
- According to Arthurian Legend, Faraway Avalon is the place where King Arthur died after sustaining wounds from his son Mordred.
- The Chaos Control jingle from Shadow the Hedgehog can be heard in this stage's music.