|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Fennec Garbage Man is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. He is an anthropomorphic fennec fox and the garbage man responsible for the trash on Seaside Island and its surrounding archipelago.
The Fennec Garbage Man is an anthropomorphic, fallow-furred fennec fox at nearly Knuckles' height with buff fur on his front torso and muzzle, and golden eyes. He has a fairly large and round torso, a wide head, slightly thin arms, a bushy tail, long triangular ears and slightly stubby legs. In addition, he has a medium-large black nose, long cheek tuffs on his muzzle with brown tips, and as well brown tips on his ears and tail. His attire includes a yellow safety vest with two horizontal stripes along the abdomen, green gloves, slightly baggy dark green socks and brown shoes.
When Knuckles served as deputy mayor, the Fennec Garbage Man put his job on hold to get permission from Knuckles to go on vacation for a few months, which the echidna approved. He later found an extra job working on the set of Justin Beaver's concert in the Village, although he would ruin Dreamboat Express' espionage of Dixon.
As it seemed Sonic had become a thief, the Fennec Garbage Man joined an angry mob at town hall and demanded that Sonic was arrested. There, Knuckles promised them to bring in Sonic, though Sonic was later proved innocent. The Fennec Garbage Man later came to the Robot Battle Royale, where he saw Dr. Eggman steal Tails' Hypnobot at the end.
After voting in a referendum for a new name for the Unnamed Village, the Fennec Garbage Man was forced by Dr. Eggman, who at the time acted as Village leader, to pick up Eggman's trash in an orderly fashion. He later tried to fight Cubot when he and other malware-infected robots attacked the Village, but got trashed in the attempt.
The Fennec Garbage Man displays an adventurous attitude and has a strong passion for trash and his profession, having aspired to go to see trash in other countries and try foreign attire for his work. He can be overly hasty when caught up in a mood though, to the point of making wrong accusations; when he sided with an angry mob that wanted Sonic arrested, he wrongfully accused Sonic of stealing his keys (although he admitted the truth in the end).
- The Fennec Garbage Man's basic character model is derived from the Male Fennec's.
- During a particular scene in "Battle of the Boy Bands", the Fennec Garbage Man's character model is duplicated.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (January 2016). Retrieved on January 2016. “the sonic rebel fan: I thought he was a coyote. / Bill Freiberger: Actually, we're both wrong. I made a mistake with this one. He's actually not a wolf he's a fennec fox.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (3 January 2016). Retrieved on 11 January 2016. “Alexander Soerensen: So, what do you call these three guys? / Bill Freiberger: Fennec Shopkeeper, Male Fennec, Fennec Garbage Man.”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.