The Final Fortress in full.
|Appearances and Overview|
A deathly mega flagship breaming with high tech weaponry guarded by Dr. Eggman's best creations.
Egg Fleet (inside)/Sky
14 (Final Level)
|Number of acts||
The Final Fortress (最終的な要塞 Saishū Teki na Yōsai?) is a giant whale shark-shaped battle flagship that makes its first appearance in Sonic Heroes as the final stage, and as three different racing tracks in the racing game Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Final Fortress is located in the heart of the Egg Fleet, and seems to be permanently surrounded in rough weather. Modern Sonic fights the Egg Emperor in Final Fortress in the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations.
In Sonic Heroes, the Final Fortress acts as final stage of the game. It has many different sections crossed with grinding rails, Tornado Jump poles, cannon fire, and the best of Doctor Eggman's robotic army. Some parts of the stage collapse; others can be detonated. Laser fire occurs periodically throughout the stage, probably as a security reflex. In the very core of the flagship lies a giant structure with a mechanical version of Eggman's head on top, hiding the power core of the vessel. The most common robot there is the E-2000. Team Sonic must befall the battleship by destroying its power core. Team Dark must reach this power core and capture the Doctor. Team Rose goes to find Froggy and Chocola, whom they believe have been kidnapped by Eggman. Team Chaotix goes to find the Keys to free their client and meet him in person. After reaching the core, Eggman goes to finish off the heroes in his most powerful robot yet.
Standard Missions/Extra Missions:
- Team Sonic - Destroy the flagship's core! / Get to the Goal Ring within 9 minutes!
- Team Dark - Get to the core where Eggman is! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Team Rose - Hurry and find Eggman! / Collect 200 rings!
- Team Chaotix - Find the keys to the cell where the client is locked up! / Find 10 cell keys!
Other Game Appearances
- Turbine Loop- This course has many long wide turns, perfect for drifting on. One section has multiple hills, which can be used to preform tricks..
- Dark Arsenal- This course drives through Eggman's enemy factory on the ship, with numerous points on the track having enemy assembly lines in the way.
- Thunder Deck- One of the hardest courses in the game, the sharp turns and numerous obstacles make for one tough course. It is possible to jump through the beam if the player has enough speed.
- In Super Hard Mode, after Team Sonic triggers the first self-destruct button onto the rail section, Sonic comments that the clouds are dark and Knuckles asks Tails if he can handle the stormy weather. Tails falsely replies that he's not scared although there was a slight pause before he finished his sentence, alluding to the fact that Tails has a fear of lightning.
- The lasers fired by the Final Fortress match the team formations' primary colors: Blue (Speed Formation), Yellow (Flight Formation), and Red (Power Formation), however the red laser is pink.
- In Team Sonic's version of Final Fortress, shortly after destroying the first ship, there is a mistranslation. In the English version, Tails will ask why the ship self-destructed after pressing the button. In the Japanese version of the line, Tails asked why Eggman would place a self destruct switch where it was easily accessible.
- Whenever the lasers fire, Tails will say "Blue/Yellow/Red laser fired!" which does not make a lot of sense if thought carefully. It would make sense if he says "Blue/Yellow/Red laser firing!".
- Rouge also says "Yellow laser fired!" but says something different for the other lasers.