Fire Souls are collectibles that appear throughout Sonic and the Secret Rings. There are a total of 126 souls in the game. Fire Souls resemble red Rings on fire with a small column of fire in the center. One could say that the Fire Souls were the precursor to the Red Star Rings that were introduced in Sonic Colors.
Three Fire Souls are in each first, second, fifth, sixth, ninth, and tenth missions in each world (not counting Lost Prologue). Collecting these unlock games, characters, and other features in Party Mode:
- #22: Aim! Big the Cat Crossbow Mini-Game
- #28: Sink 'em! Pirate Ship Mini-Game
- #12: Row! Canoe Race Mini-Game
- #29: Reel! Battle Fishing New Character: Shadow the Hedgehog Mini-Game
- #30: Thrust! Bone Knight New Character: Cream the Rabbit Mini-Game
- #31: Cross! Balance Race Mini-Game
- #37: Watch out! Trap Mini-Game
- #32: Put it out! Big Fire New Attraction: World Bazaar Mini-Game
- #33: Fly! Ptero-Rider New Character: Silver the Hedgehog Mini-Game
- #34: Spin! Propeller Race New Character: Blaze the Cat New Option: Extreme Difficulty New Attraction: Final Adventure.