Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Flame Core is an Action Stage in Sonic the Hedgehog. Like Crisis City, the Action Stage occurs at least 200 years in the future, in a fire-filled timeline caused by Iblis' release. In Sonic and Shadow's stories, Flame Core hides a Chaos Emerald. This location is inhabited by Iblis's Minions, and the player must face Iblis afterwards. Mephiles is also fought here in Shadow's story, after Tropical Jungle.
After surviving Crisis City, Sonic the Hedgehog follows Shadow and Rouge to the depths of Flame Core, a volcanic wasteland that pulsates with deadly lava ﬂows and eruptions. Sonic must navigate the rivers of molten earth to find the heart of the volcano, where only the powerful Knuckles can help the hedgehog light a path through the darkness. As Sonic dives deeper toward the core, and after he engages in a fearsome showdown with one of Iblis’ many forms, he must ﬁgure out how to undo the time wrinkle made by Dr. Eggman’s terrible machine and return to the present to help Princess Elise. Hopefully, he can withstand the withering heat of the volcano long enough to connect with Shadow The Hedgehog, who may have the secret of bending time and space.
Sonic starts off outside the volcano, jumping across lava rivers, avoiding falling boulders launched by the volcano, and going through crystal-filled caverns. He eventually travels inside the lava-spewing volcano, going through large caves and across Grind Rails. Sonic then fights Iblis Phase 2 before initiating Cross-Chaos Control with Shadow to escape to the present.
Before he can return to his own time, Shadow must venture deep into the Flame Core and confront Iblis. Reaching the living ﬂame is no easy task, as Shadow must ﬁght through legions of ﬁre monsters that obey Iblis’s every vicious whim. Not only must Shadow somehow defeat all of these minions, he also must venture into the heart of an active volcano. Some of the lava tubes are bathed in darkness, so Shadow must defer to his partner Rouge the Bat to feel her way through the inky blackness and light a path to Shadow’s showdown with Iblis.
Shadow's version of the stage is slightly harder than Sonic's. He starts off outside the volcano, which he goes inside after some time. Shadow fights Iblis and Mephiles-type monsters in his way to the core before he fights Iblis Phase 2, eventually using "Cross-Chaos Control" with Sonic to return to the present day. Mephiles appears to Shadow, prompting the hedgehog to stay and battle him. Shadow is later sent back to the present after he (along with E-123 Omega) follows Mephiles via a time warp.
Silver The Hedgehog and his friend Blaze have ﬁnally fought their way to Flame Core, the source of Iblis’s strength. The bubbling lava ﬂows and raging rivers of molten earth are deadly to the touch, so Silver must harness his Psychokinesis to Levitate over the ﬁres. Serpentine ﬁre monsters and wild phoenixes put up a mighty defense for their master, the living ﬂame. To succeed, Silver must push through the denizens of disaster and negotiate the blistering heat to locate Iblis’s lair. When he ﬁnally confronts Iblis, Silver has only minutes to defeat the monstrous force and alter his ruined future.
Like the other characters, Silver starts off outside the volcano and eventually goes inside it. Silver fights Iblis and Mephiles monsters, and at the end of the stage, he destroys a giant ball of flame which is a part of Iblis. Afterwards, he goes outside and fights Iblis Phase 3.
In the End of the World, Omega ventures here to find the green Chaos Emerald.
Very Hard Mode
In Sonic's Flame Core in Very Hard Mode, he actually starts out inside the volcano. He encounters Knuckles, much like in the original stage. However, when Sonic reaches the end of the volcano, there is a Warp Hole instead of a Goal Ring. This warp takes Sonic back to the beginning of the outside section of the stage, where he must get through more traps than the usual stage and reach the end of the outside section, where the Goal Ring resides.
Shadow starts out inside the volcano as well, but at the end of the stage. After making a comment about going upward, Shadow comes out of the final shaft that he usually runs down to finish the stage. Rouge then takes over and must locate keys to move on.
Silver Medal locations
- Once the player reaches the shuttle loop with three Dash Panels, they must choose the one in the center to gather the Silver Medal.
- The first time the player runs on the side of the wall and reaches the other side, they should use a Homing Attack on the three Iblis Takers to spawn another taker to use to reach the trail of Rings. The player must Light Speed Dash on the trail to go through the ring and collect the second medal.
- In the first platform of crowded Iblis Minions, the player must defeat them all and go to the right side of the plateau to pick up the third medal along the narrow edge.
- After going through the second point marker and reaching the section of falling platforms, the player should turn around. They will see the fourth Silver Medal floating in the air behind them.
- Slightly ahead of the fourth medal, the fifth one is in the center of the lava river.
- After the player has reached the third point marker, they must fall down using a spring to the platform below that has a trail of Rings. The player should use the Light Speed Dash on the trail of rings before the bridge collapses. Instead of hitting the next spring, they should turn to the right to see a Silver Medal floating above some enemies and a caged spring.
- Inside the volcano section, the player must use the Homing Attack on the Iblis Takers to reach a purple rail. When going around this rail, the player will see more Iblis Takers next to the seventh Silver Medal.
- Once the player reaches the dark chamber, the eighth Silver Medal will be hiding in a wooden crate on the left side of the dark chamber. The player must jump up to the higher section and then look to the left and to see a door. They can then break the wooden container in front of this door to reveal it.
- Almost in the center of Knuckles' section, there is an Iblis Biter enemy on a platform. The player must defeat it to expose the ninth medal.
- Just before the Goal Ring area, the player will need to wipe all the four Iblis Biters clinging to the walls out of the way to make the tenth Silver Medal appear.
- Once the player reaches the Shuttle Loop with three Dash Panels, they must choose the center one to gather the Silver Medal.
- Upon reaching the platform of two Iblis Biters and a Golem (who appears after these two are destroyed), the player must look behind to see the second medal exposed above the lava.
- After reaching the center dais with a huge pack of Iblis Minions, the third Silver Medal can be found hidden in a stack of crates to the right of the door, inside the cave.
- Taking place from the third medal, the player must move toward the first point marker and fall over the lava pool into a small foothold. They must then look behind to see the fourth medal hanging in the air.
- In the lava fall once the player has gone to the Cased Spring, they must destroy both the Iblis Worm and Iblis Biter to reveal the fifth medal over the lava fall.
- In the second center dais, once the player wipes all of the Iblis Minions out, they should move around to see the sixth Silver Medal exposed in the air over an Explosion Trap.
- Inside the volcano, instead of choosing the side of the wall, the player should turn to the left and jump up to the ledge to an area with Iblis Biters. They must destroy them to open the guarded spring, then use the spring to send them right to the seventh Silver Medal on top of a stone column in the middle of the lava river.
- After the dark room and crossing the point marker, the player should use the spring in front of them to land on a small foothold with Rings. They must then pick up all these rings to make several Iblis Takers appear above, leading to a purple rail with the eighth medal at the start of it.
- In Rouge's section, the player must glide into the left side of the room filled with a group of Stalkers, then destroy the wooden Containers to reveal the ninth medal.
- At the very end of the stage while falling into the vertical shaft, the player must use the Chaos Spears rapidly to descend slowly and make it to the center of the shaft. The tenth medal can be found below the Iblis Worms and explosion traps.
- During the first section of the stage, the player must jump across the platforms toward the Iblis Taker with Steel Container. There will be a PK mark in front of the player, who must activate it to make the platforms raise and quickly jump up toward it. At the highest rising platform, the Silver Medal can be seen ahead of the spring.
- After reaching and defeating the Golem and the Iblis Takers afterward, the player should look for the second medal along the rock wall to the left of the Spring they were guarding.
- After the first point marker and upon reaching the first Hint Ring, the player should turn back to spot the third Silver Medal hanging in the air.
- In the center of lava river, it is located in the air. The player must use Psychokinesis to Levitate on a crate over the lava rapids, grab the medal, then ﬂoat back to safety.
- After unlocking the door to the pit with Iblis Takers and Iblis Worms, the Iblis Worm guarding the PK marker in front of the exit is the one hiding the fifth Silver medal.
- Inside the volcano in the first dark room (and on the PK mark that opens the door to the exit), the sixth medal is hidden under a Gazer.
- In the room with the point marker, the player must defeat all of the enemies inside it to reveal the seventh Silver Medal.
- In the second dark room, the player will see a Stalker above then on a platform, and the Silver Medal to the left of it. The player must use a PK mark to activate a platform that rises up to the medal.
- At the second point marker, it is seen floating ahead of the player. The player must use the PK mark to raise platforms and reach it.
- After destroying Iblis' core, it is seen between the core's fragments.
- There is a glitch in Sonic's Flame Core stage where the player can finish his stage as Knuckles, by climbing a cornered wall and gliding. However, to see his stage finish screen, the player must hit the last checkpoint.
- After destroying Iblis' core, the flame hazards in the stage will harden, but they will still hurt Silver.
- Sometimes during the flight to the volcano in Sonic and Shadow's version of this Action Stage, the volcano's spewed lava will hit the player, causing an unavoidable death.
|Flame Core ~Volcano~||Tomoya Ohtani||3:09|
|Flame Core ~The Cavern~||Tomoya Ohtani||3:14|
- Silver Medal Location Guide by Agnix
- Sonic the Hedgehog Prima official guide