The gang learns that sometimes the fiercest things come in the smallest packages when Eggman attacks with his tiniest robot yet.
- Beaver Policeman
- Dave the Intern
- Dr. Eggman
- FleaBot (multiple) (First appearance)
- HugeBot (First appearance)
- Lady Walrus
- Male Fennec
- Mark the Tapir
- Mayor Fink
- Mega Bot (Cameo)
- Mombot (Mentioned)
- Mrs. Vandersnout
- Obliterator Bot (Cameo)
- Octopus Bot (Cameo)
- Old Monkey
- Sheep Villager
- Spy Bot
- Team Sonic
- Walrus Male
- Wild Cat
- Wolf Policeman
- Sonic Boom World
The episode starts in the Village Center, with Dr. Eggman flying in front of the Male Fennec's shop in his Eggmobile. The doctor complains to the Male Fennec about how he has raised the prize for his "Choco Num-Num Bars" (Eggman's favorite candy), but the Male Fennec argues that what he did was logical because they are so popular. In response, Eggman steals a Choco Num-Num Bar from the Male Fennec, only for Team Sonic to arrive as he makes his getaway. Sonic demands Eggman hand his stolen goods over, but Eggman decides to counterattack with his largest robot yet, dubbed "HugeBot". However, the robot is really slow, and Sonic and Knuckles are able to destroy it easily. While Team Sonic's members congratulate each other, Eggman drops his candy bar in defeat and laves.
Back in the lair, Eggman is at his computer with Orbot and Cubot, lamenting about how he keeps building larger and larger robots to combat Team Sonic, which are then only defeated and turned into scrap metal by the heroes. Scoffing at Orbot's words of encouragement, Eggman decides he needs a new game plan: rather than going big with his robots, he should try going small. Eggman thus goes to work in his lair creating nanobots named "FleaBots", which can turn anyone into an itchy mess. Once Eggman is finished, Orbot and Cubot fight over who gets to see the batch of completed FleaBots, but accidentally drop their bowl and release them in the process. With Orbot and Cubot unable to capture them, Eggman uses his FleaBot controller to make the FleaBots return to their bowl. Eggman then instructs Orbot and Cubot to plant the FleaBots on Team Sonic.
Orbot and Cubot's first stop is at Meh Burger where they nonchalantly shoot FleaBots at Sonic, who immediately starts itching, while he is eating. They then stop by Amy's House where Cubot puts FleaBots into Amy's perfume while she is in her vanity corner. As soon as Amy sprays perfume on herself, she starts itching. Next up is Knuckles, who is showing off his strength to Staci on the beach. Once Cubot launches FleaBots on him though, Knuckles starts itching and messes up, prompting Staci to leave in disgust. At Sticks' Burrow, Orbot tries drilling a hole through the roof, though which to drop FleaBots on Sticks. That fails when Sticks hears Orbot and comes out to look. However, the FleaBots get on Sticks after Orbot and Cubot drop the mug holding them during their escape. Lastly, the robot duo stops by Tails' Workshop, where they drop FleaBots on Tails through the building's vent, causing Tails to itch while working. Meanwhile, Eggman is observing his lackeys' work through Spy Bot.
Later at Meh Burger, Sonic notices that Tails, Amy and Knuckles have arrived. Embarrassed, he tries to hide his itching (unaware that his friends are attempting the same thing too). When Sonic joins the group, however, each of them make excuses one by one so they can scratch themselves without the others noticing (for instance, Sonic points at what seems to be a stain on the floor, but it happens to be the floor's only clean spot). Once Sticks joins them and remarks that her friends have fleas too, everyone drops their ruses and scratch themselves. While the heroes start accusing each other of giving them fleas, Eggman watches nearby, content with how his plan is progressing.
Sonic and crew decide to go to the Male Fennec to buy anti-itch lotion, but the shop owner refuses to let the flea-infested team enter. When it seems like that Sonic has convinced the Male Fennec to bring his lotion to them so they can pay for it outside his shop, the Male Fennec instead activates an alarm inside his shop. The Beaver Policeman, Wolf Policeman, and Mayor Fink wearing Hazmat suits then arrive and quarantine Team Sonic, much to the team's dismay, as that means that they are basically banished from Hedgehog Village.
Confined in Tails' House, Team Sonic decides to settle their situation and begin treating themselves, but with little success: Knuckles suffers from severe side effects caused by an anti-flea spray, and Amy gets humiliated in front of some Gogobas that Mark is touring when wearing a flea collar. Meanwhile, without Team Sonic around to stop them, Eggman and his Badniks are free to tear up the Village and rob the Male Fennec's shop of Choco Num-Num Bars. Confused, Mrs. Vandersnout asks Fink and the policemen why Team Sonic are not there to save them. This leads to Mayor Fink coming to Tails' House with the policemen and rescinding Team Sonic's quarantine so the group can stop Eggman, Although the team is disgruntled about the circumstances, Sonic and Amy note that they are not much help right now, as none of their treatments have gotten rid of the fleas. As Mayor Fink takes his leave though, he remarks that if no flea treatment has worked, then what Team Sonic has may not be fleas. This prompts Tails to analyze their fleas. He uses tweezers to pluck a flea out of his fur and puts it under a microscope, where he discovers that the "bugs" are FleaBots. Since they are Eggman robots (which they face regularly), Sonic suggests the team use force to solve the problem. He punches Knuckles in the stomach in an attempt to hit his FleaBots, and pretty soon, all five members are beating each other up, apologizing to one another during the process. After the scuffle, Amy notices that they have only taken two FleaBots out. Examining the beaten FleaBots, Tails deduces that the FleaBots are remote-controlled, meaning that all they have to do is find their controller to stop them.
After a brief misstop in the Sheep Villager's home, Team Sonic intrudes on Eggman just as he has finished eating his stolen Choco Num-Num Bars. Sonic demands that Eggman hands over the FleaBot controller. Instead, Eggman uses it to crank up his FleaBots, causing Team Sonic to itch worse than ever, while he has his Badniks attack them. Though they are distracted by the itching, Team Sonic holds most the Badniks off and even uses them to scratch themselves. Sonic in particular is unable to take the itching anymore, beginning to spin attack all over the place until he hits Eggman, knocking the FleaBot controller out of his hands. Tails then reverses the controller to make Team Sonic's FleaBots leave them and stick to Eggman instead. As Eggman runs around screaming, Amy destroys the controller so Eggman cannot stop his FleaBots and Team Sonic takes their leave, laughing at his misfortune; in the final scene, Eggman is seen in his bathtub while Orbot and Cubot are trying to get the FleaBots off.
- Sonic recalls how the villagers in Hedgehog Village have turned against or shunned Team Sonic and its members in several previous episodes.
- Dr. Eggman calls for Mombot, a robot he created in "Mombot", when his FleaBots attack him.
- The shade of Cubot's yellow color scheme differs between his body and gloves.
Title in other languages
|French||Les sacs à puces||Fleas bags|
|Polish||Zagrajmy w pchełki|
|Spanish (Latin America)||Problemas que pican||Itchy troubles|
- Nine days before this episode aired on Boomerang, Bill Freiberger released the title card for this episode on Twitter as a teaser.
- The background music that plays while Orbot and Cubot are spreading the FleaBots is based on the theme song from the Mission: Impossible television series.
- The head icons of Team Sonic's members shown on the screen in Eggman's lair first appeared in Sonic Boom CG Style Guide.
- The scene where Knuckles runs around in circles on the floor, whooping is a parody of Curly Howard from The Three Stooges.
- The device Tails worked on in his workshop infested with FleaBots uses the same model as the Reverse Polarizer.
- When Sonic and Knuckles break into the Sheep Villager's house, the romantic movie from "Tails' Crush" can be heard on the TV.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Boom: Flea-ing from Trouble. Zap2it.com. Retrieved on 28 April 2017.
- ↑ Tous les Programmes (French). Canal J. Retrieved on 28 April 2017.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (1 June 2017). Retrieved on 1 June 2017. “Bill Freiberger: Ep. 232: The gang learns that sometimes the fiercest things come in the smallest packages when Eggman attacks with his tiniest robot yet.”
- ↑ Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (4 June 2017). Retrieved on 4 June 2017.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (25 May 2017). Retrieved on 25 May 2017. “Bill Freiberger: A #sonicboom preview for next Saturday: Ep. 232, "Flea-ing From Trouble." Written by Marie Beardmore.”
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (3 June 2017). Retrieved on 4 June 2017. “Big E Chidna: *DOES THE HOMER SIMPSON WALKING IN CIRCLES THINGS WHILE KICKING AWAY MOTOBUGS* / Bill Freiberger: That's not Homer Simpson, that's Curly Howard from The 3 Stooges.”