|This article's subject exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Flicky (フリッキー Furikkī?) is a creature that appears in the Sonic X anime series and its comic series published by Archie Comics which first debuted in "Pure Chaos". They are a race of non-anthropomorphic and colorful bluebirds native to Sonic the Hedgehog's world.
The general Flicky is a small and rotund bird with orange three-toed feet. They have a round-shaped head with two large eyes, a soft orange beak and hair tuffs on their head. Their wings are medium-sized compared to their body which is usually smaller than their heads and their tail consists of delicate feathers. In terms of markings, their bellies are normally colored differently. Some Flickies also display facial markings, like rosy cheeks and a dark patch across the eyes.
The Flickies' plumage and eyes come in a variety of different colors. They can also have different hair styles, some more elaborate than others. Some may also have a chubbier built.
Like actual birds, the Flickies can only speak in a language consisting of chirps and tweets. While recognized as animal life, Flickies are remarkably intelligent and sociable, being capable of understanding normal language and display striking insight. Some are even shown to live in civilized environments and reside in their own houses.
Due to the Chaos Control occurring after Super Sonic's battle with the E-99 Eggsterminator, Flickies began appearing on Earth. Dr. Eggman managed to capture some of these Flickies and used them as power sources for his new E-100 Series. One Flicky managed to escape and meet Amy Rose, whom Amy named Lily and would protect from Eggman's robots. Although the pair was captured, Amy and Lily escaped with E-102 Gamma's aid, although Lily lost her Chaos Emerald to Eggman. When Amy then learned that Lily's family of Flickies were still in Eggman's captivity, they went out to find them. When the pair arrived at the Egg Carrier, Lily was reunited with her family when Gamma and E-101 "Kai" destroyed each other and released their Flickies.
Egg Moon Saga and Homebound Saga
As a result of the effects of Chaos Control, several Flickies and other creatures got sent to Earth, raising tension about whether they would be able to coexist with humanity. Fortunately, the Flickies kept a peaceful existence on earth until they got sent back to their home planet with the other creatures.
A number of virtual Flickies appeared in a simulation Dr. Eggman trapped Sonic the Hedgehog and his allies in. These Flickies would appear whenever Sonic freed them from badniks or capsule prisons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Masake, Hiro (2 October 2004). "A Robot Rebels". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 29.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Masake, Hiro (9 October 2004). "Head's Up, Tails!". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 30.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Masake, Hiro (11 December 2004). "Defective Detectives". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 39.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (27 March 2004). "Countdown to Chaos". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 26.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Masake, Hiro (25 September 2004). "A Chaotic Day". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 28.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (18 September 2004). "Pure Chaos". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 27.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (16 October 2004). "Revenge of the Robot". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 31.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (19 March 2005). "Running Out of Time". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 50.
- ↑ Sonic X #10, "No Thanks for the Memories! Part One"