|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Flying Dog (フライングドッグ Furaingu Doggu?) is an object that appears in the anime series Sonic X. It is a security defense military hovercraft mecha used by the military organization Guardian Units of the Nations following the Perfect Chaos incident.
Features and abilities
Capable of flight and built for battle, the Flying Dogs are an improved version of the Hot Shot, boasting improved fuselage efficiency, offensive ability, durability and fight speed as a whole. In terms of armaments, the Flying Dogs feature a vulcan cannon, energy bombs and homing missiles. In addition, they can seemingly be piloted remotely despite having a cockpit incorporated in them.
Following Perfect Chaos' attack on Station Square, the Flying Dogs were constructed by GUN upon clearance from the President to combat the threat of Dr. Eggman. Much like the Hot Shots, the Flying Dogs' design was derived from the studies of the E-Series robots that the government had gotten a hold of.
Egg Moon Saga
During the eclipse of the Egg Moon, as Sonic the Hedgehog was on his way to destroy the mirrors towers powering the Sunshine Balls, a Flying Dog was deployed alongside several military fighters troops to stop him. When Sonic arrived, the Flying Dog fired a swarm of missiles at him, but Sonic evaded them one after another.
Discontent of waiting for the President to take on Eggman, Commander Card Passer sent troops of Flying Dogs, alongside other robot squadrons, to attack Dr. Eggman in a final bit to kill the doctor. To everyone's surprise however, Sonic appeared on the scene and held the Flying Dogs off until the scientist got his Grand Egg Imperial in the air.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 File:Sonicx-ep35-eye2.jpg
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Masake, Hiro (30 November 2003). "Sonic's Big Break (Japanese dub)". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 35.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Masake, Hiro (13 November 2004). "Sonic's Big Break". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 35.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (30 October 2004). "Project: Shadow". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 33.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (16 November 2003). "Project: Shadow (Japanese dub)". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 33.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (22 January 2005). "Eggman for President". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 41.
- ↑ Masake, Hiro (19 March 2005). "Running Out of Time". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 50.