This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
Miles T. Prower 02:35, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Is that bad?
I agree. That would be cool, but many people would dislike it, because of their own beliefs. This is why game companies have to be careful.
I know Mystic is atheistic and will slaughter SEGA if they do thatThe Chosen One of Fire 02:01, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
Ya, they already started to protest about resident evil 5, because it involves "A white protsgnist killing hideous african american zombies". Games aren't supposed to be religous, or hold a political veiw. If everyone from the whole world just saw something offensive in a game, no one would make games. The Chosen One of Water 10:07, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Nice one chad. The Chosen One of Fire 14:21, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Im cool with such matter. Though incidentally at least a warning on covers of possibly offensive games... which some do have. Eitherway it's silly to go through such lenghs to prevent someones story to be told.--Mystic Monkey 21:07, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
You know mystic, that seems to be something intresting. I have never seen any game with a warning about something offensive, perhaps it's something only done in the UK. By the way "FIRE" just because someone has a view on something doesn't mean he'll "Slaughter" something else on account of that view. --The Chosen One of Water 00:43, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- I don't mind playing a game that suppose to be offensive as long as it's fun.--Mystic Monkey 00:50, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
That seems like a fair enough view to me....--The Chosen One of Water 01:29, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
to water, i'm a guy who exagurates, you know that cuz. to mystic, i believe in a game with no bias.The Chosen One of Fire 01:46, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure that the Sonic series is religious in some sort, and I have reasons why... make up your mind about some of the stuff I found. 1. Worship of a false God created Chaos, that is the second Elise asked for Solaris to watch over them, Eggman attacked... (Sonic 06) 2. Sonic uses the Biblical term of "hell" in Sonic and the Secret Rings. 3. King Solomon is an ancient biblical figure, also in Sonic and the Secret Rings. 4. Sonic and the Black Knight revolves around the Arthurian Legend. King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, were all Christians. 5. One of the rings in Sonic and the secret rings is labeled prayer; Prayer is a thing exclusive to religion. 6. Many gods have been named in the Sonic series; many of the same Gods have been defeated, meaning they are not true gods at all; simply powerful beings.
Many of these things happened, strangely enough, when Yuji Naka left the team, and/or when Jason became Sonic's voiced actor. It seems there may be some relgious of some sort on Sonic team, pulling the strings. On another note, all this can be total random chance, and my findings may be totally false... still interesting to think about. HyperSuperSonictheHedgehog 00:44, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
- Statements 1-5; Well, yeah King Arthur and Camelot are heavily built on Christianity and few other religions but I still think it's a neutral social series. Sonic Team's use for religious material could simply be for fictional use. I don't believe in any bibles but I find the whole "holy VS Evil" and "Angel VS Devil" thing kinda cool for my fiction (Hense Holy Mystic and Evil Mystic, my super transformations) as well as my fiction outside Sonic such as Colin, the good hearted atheist demon from a realm of pure nightmares.
- Statements 1 & 6; I purely agree with you there. Chaos and Solaris were false gods but also Iblis and Gaia are suppose real god, but Sonic still manages to defeat them which means they were all "Hyper Energy Organism".--Mystic Monkey 01:23, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
I, personally, think its probably as stated before; that game makers can't put serious religion into games for the sake of losing sales... but that doesn't mean they can't do it secretly. Colin, good hearted atheist demon? If he's a demon, how can he be atheist? From birth, he was already involved in some sort of conflict. How can he not know God exists!?! Yeah, I know, its your fiction, but still... HyperSuperSonictheHedgehog 05:51, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
- The funny contradictions of Colin is what makes him himself. But he goes with my Lucid Dream theory and thus comes from the Obscure Nightmare. so there is reason behind his existance but I just like the obvious contradictions.--Mystic Monkey 21:33, 27 February 2009 (UTC)