This Forum has been archivedVisit Discussions
According to User:Angela from staff,
- " Please make a 'requests for adminship' type page where the community (active users like Navij11, etc) can comment on [users wanting to become administrators]. Also, now is a good time for one of the users who has been here a long time to become a bureuaucrat, so that page can be used for the community to come to consensus on who that should be. "
As this wiki is growing a lot now, I think this is an important issue, so for those who don't know, here is some related info:
- w:Help:User access levels - Central Wikia's help page explaining user access levels
- wikipedia:Wikipedia:Bureaucrats - the wikipedia page explaining Bureaucrats
- wikipedia:Wikipedia:Requests for adminship - Wikipedia's requests for adminship system
Obviously, with far fewer people, our system does not need to be that elaborate, but we do need to essentially create our own system, which should probably be something like that. As for the word-I-can't-spell (Bureaucrat), I think our obvious choice is our longest standing member and Administrator, Navij11. It would be good to get that seconded by some other people before requesting Angela to make him one. He also, of course, must accept this formal nomination:
- I, FerralMoonrender, hereby nominate Navij11 to the post of Bureaucrat for the Sonic News Network because of his contributions and devotion to this wiki.
Wait hold on, where's the rest of the admins/bureaucrats to decide?!--Milotheechidna 02:16, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Nav's an alright guy and has my support for helping with early issues way back, but isn't it usually followed by the support by the other members before a quick decission? If I was say elected, even I am not 100% liked here and must hear the reasons why not prefered. This is about Administration to this Wiki.--Mystic Monkey 17:08, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Really? How old is this.. Nov '07? >_<--Mystic Monkey 22:16, 18 August 2009 (UTC)