| On Sonic Fanon Wiki, they have buttons installed on the wiki chat for increased utility. These buttons are as follows:
- AFK Button: As it says. Click it and it registers you as "away" so people know you're elsewhere or otherwise not on the chat at the moment.
- Clear Button: Never used it myself, but it doesn't take a genius to guess.
- Log Button: Logs chat conversations on page on the actual wiki. This is easily the most useful of the three, as it prevents chat conversations from being private (unless you do actual PMs, which aren't logged), can give proof of wrongdoings or misbehavior, and will preserve comments for future reading and evidence.
I suggest we get these features installed for people to use on the SNN chat.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round 04:48, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
Clear chat button is already on the wiki, I already made a forum for AFK button and will be added soon, and I support the log thing. We all have our own styles we won't change 04:55, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
Per Dude. Will RoseScout /=\"+ THIS. SIGNATURE. IS. FALSE. 06:14, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
Per Spyro--Kenny9277 (talk) 06:44, November 11, 2012 (UTC)Kenny9277
I'm already in favour of the first one, as it prevents people from talking to you when you're not there to answer them. We've already got the second one. The third one is definitely the best - I've seen several instances of misconduct on the chat and it's important that evidence of such behaviour is provided. I personally think logging a conversation would be much better than uploading a chat screenshot to the wiki; I don't like these images being uploaded, and a log button would most likely be faster and easier. All in all, I say yes to everything. THE REFLEX dancing on the valentine 11:35, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
I'm in favor of the first one on the other forum for it, the second one we have, I'm in support of the third one. But how does the third one work exactly? --The Shadow Of Darkness (talk) 13:33, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Logs aren't necessary. The AFK Button is already being discussed, and the Clear Chat button is already part of the wiki. Near pointless forum. --Bullet Francisco (talk) Contributions Editcount 21:12, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
If I recall, there have been repeated problems on the wiki chat. This allows actual evidence if disputes occur, so people don't have to go by second-hand accounts and the words of the Users. I haven't seen a discussion for the AFK Button, and I was just on the chat; I see no clear chat button. And I must admit that I find it offensive you called this forum near-pointless.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round 21:40, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
Yes i have seen these before! They are quite useful. These are called "Chat Hacks" I had them myself and are cool. SFW had them cause they felt like they needed to i guess. But yeah people can get them separately. These also come with "Pings" which makes sounds whenever your user name is typed to notify you. You can also add "pings" which helps you by the name you want to be called. So for example if I typed my these things "Splash" "SplashTheHedeghog" "STH" or "splashy" those names would be notified if they are typed.
- I believe this discussion is what you're looking for, and the clear chat button is very noticeable in the top right corner - how did you miss it? I partially agree with your first point, though. THE REFLEX dancing on the valentine 21:51, November 11, 2012 (UTC)
Per Spyro. Pacmansonic138 (talk) 21:20, November 12, 2012 (UTC)
I'm ready to just close this forum and move the log button chat to a separate forum, because 2/3 of this forum is pointless. --Bullet Francisco (talk) Contributions Editcount 03:14, November 15, 2012 (UTC)
- There's no need to close this forum; it can be continued as a discussion for the log button, since that's what it is now. --Twinkle Snow Unleash Christmas 201314:47, November 15, 2012 (UTC)