I don't know if this is exactly worth mentioning, but I was watching Mario last night and I noticed something. The villain of Mario is an animal who can roll into a ball (saw it in several episodes). The hero is a fat guy with a mustache.
Meanwhile, the villain of Sonic is a fat guy with a mustache (albeit not an Italian plumber). And the (annoying) hero is, of course, an animal who canr oll into a ball. Anyone besides psychotic mesa find it interesting?
I do. /:|
What are you talking about?!??!? Sacorguy79 16:17, June 24, 2010 (UTC)Sacorguy79
My bad. I'm just a bit confused about the subject... Sacorguy79 17:47, June 26, 2010 (UTC)Sacorguy79
- Im clearly an obsolete admin here now. Considering other admins prefer technically than conveniance. Like when I put the info of Santa Claus on the Father Christmas article because they are generally the same basic themed characters based on the two almost identicle holiday spirits. I try seeing it from Supermorffs view but we hardly see eye to eye on most things anyway.
- And no one cares on the research I put in my fan ideas, in fact I doubt anyone cares how serious I want to make my games. I considered starting a forum about these problems but you pretty much confirmed my exact thoughts why no one would reply. Either no one cares or want to care to reply to it.
- If no one frikkin' cares about me thinking outside the box to make SNN more easy and informative, to be as helpful as I can to members, to actually have permitted fan articles on SNN withoutthings falling apart then maybe I shouldn't care less about this place and just STFU. I know there ar epeople here and also IRL who just want to to quit what they call "bitchin'" and do whatever they want me to do.--Mystic Monkey sez 19:29, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I try not to be a great admin for attention or whatever but still got this gloom. I really do believe certain fan articles can be permitted on SNN without it falling apart but no one seems supportive of my ideas or my attempts on making such ideas work. My most worst SNN day was when my first ever article was moved to forums because it was considered too fanon than fact. And when people edit it to add there fan characters when I said not too just makes it look worst when trying to proove fanon articles can be allowed.--Mystic Monkey sez 16:35, June 28, 2010 (UTC)
It's not that your first fan article was a bad idea, it's just that the admins of that time disliked Sonic Fanon (or at least, one of them did. But anyways, we could start to loosen the rules up a bit about fanon. I would say "Let's take that stuff to SFW", but that place is already too crowded! There are just too many Sonic Fans joining there, and it's not even meant to hold information! It's just meant for people to RP however they want whenever they want, and no rules! That's not even a Wiki! That's a natural-born CHATROOM. So yeah, let's gather the admins around somewhere and discuss it, and don't forget to include the users in this discussion, because IT'S THE WHOLE COMMUNITY THAT MAKES THE DESICIONS, NOT JUST THE ADMINS. -- Shelly the Hedgehog I'm not a monkey! 04:35, June 29, 2010 (UTC) I have no idea what any of this had to do with the original idea, but I agree with Mystic Monkey. Fanon articles should have their space on here, becuase SFW IS getting too crowded. Ashura and Nazo, albiet slightly canon characters brought to life by fans, ahve their space on here. I think the fanon articles here should at least prove they should be here, though.-Queen Prower. I WILL RULE YOU ALL!
- No one seemed to have paid attention to my ideas since I joined.
The reason I started that article to begin with, despite knowing it counted as a fan article was because I still thought it was information benefitial for those who want to know about Sonic. That people don't just wanna know about what happens in the games but around them. After all we do have some IRL articles like Sonic Spinball (Roller Coaster). Of course I was raised with problems such as idiots believing they have the right to start fan character and game articles so I tried to think of ways t prevent these like certain conditions fan articles must meet before being allowed on mainspace and such.
However, after long last I decided to give up. Since no one really gives a toss what I think. I had a few who I thought understood where I was getting at but other admins didn't. I thought to see how many would be interested in helping me but that just failed. I might as well just shut up and nod.--Mystic Monkey sez 20:04, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
I know the line between fanfiction and canon info can be thin when it comes to fancharacters. But remember this, Mystic Monkey: You can do anything as long as you don't give up. I think you should keep trying, until the day when your Fan Character article will be allowed here. Heck, you and I are BOTH admins, so we should be able to work something out. -- Shelly the Hedgehog I'm not a monkey! 03:46, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you. ^_^ Though I don't think fan character articles should be allowed really. :3 I once considered certain fan characters I know for certain reasons but thought that fan character articles would be too linear to be of info to those researching. I was thinking more of fan media articles such as popular fan games and such like Sonic Robo Blast II. I think the closest we have to my kinda articles is Sonic Spinball (Roller Coaster) which is more for the fans than the actual game itself.--Mystic Monkey sez 06:49, July 1, 2010 (UTC)