This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
You know what i've been noticing, IGN hates the Sonic series and it breaks my heart. They say ditch the taglongs, just have Sonic and Dr. Robotnik. I like most of what they call "taglongs", like Shadow and Amy. The want the glory days days back, but SEGA won't do that. I wish that SEGA would fix these plotholes and maybe the series would be better. Videogame critics hate the Sonic series.--Kit the Cat 00:29, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
You,ve got to be kidding me, the fourms have been nothing but bitching and whinning lately. IGN dosent hate Sonic they just fail at reviewing games in general. I can see why they would give Sonic and the Black Knight a 3.6 or something like that beacuse the game has glaring issues and I cant blame them for the score, I guess im just forgiving for the games issues than most. Bottom line they dont hate Sonic they just hate what hes become. P.S why the hell is there a Zelda icon for top disscusion topics instead of a Sonic one, god just when you thought we werent sucky enough. MasterTheif43 04:09, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- I just noticed Link now. I've been wondering what you were all on about. :P I'll work on getting that switched to Sonic. SLJCOAAATR Soul 00:45, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with you 100% completley. IGN gave Sonic Unleashed a fair score, but they they gave Sonic & The Black Night a 3.9, which is, believe or not, lower than the score they gave Sonic '06, which was a 4.6. Seriously, IGN NEEDS to stop bashing the Sonic series! Twintailers 10:13, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
unfortunately, IGN needs to seriously remember to look at game series and genres in different scopes. For example, the kid's magazine "Toxic" took a kids perspective of SBK and gave them a pretty good score!--Milotheechidna 13:06, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
The series is as good as it needs to be, in my opinion. I agree with MasterThief43. I don't think IGN fails at reviewing games though, just playing them ("...the jump button is not as responsive as it should be..."), though I also agree with Kit the Cat. Deleting the "tagalongs" would've formed a VERY sucky series, with the same storyline over and over and OVER again.
- 1. Sonic loses Emeralds, somehow.
- 2. Eggman wants to build Eggmanland.
- 3. Eggman searches for Emeralds.
- 4. Sonic searches for Emeralds.
- 5. SONIC GOT ALL CHAOS EMERALDS
NOW SONIC CAN BE SUPER SONIC
- 6. Sonic continues his adventure.
- 7. Sonic turns into Super Sonic.
- 8. Super Sonic owns Eggman.
- 9. Super Sonic brings peace back to Earth (or Mobius).
- 10. IGN fails at reviewing the game because they told SEGA to do exactly what they wanted them to do, but not with enough variety.
You know what they say, you can't spell ignorant without IGN. Try not to let them bother you too much. --SSRider 23:16, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
- Heh, IGNorant, I like that.--Mystic Monkey 23:36, 5 July 2009 (UTC)
Yes, I agree, I saw a video by IGN that states the jumping mechanices on Unleashed (360) can be unresponsive. I played the whole game and not once did I fail because of "unresponsive jumping". So remember, You can't spell ignorance with out IGN. "Life is just a game you play" --Sonic & Scrab Master 13:26, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
I agree with you guys they give Sonic Adveventure 8.6. Well I Give It 10/10 SO THERE. Anyway Screwattack hates him too (Strider and Capcom Fighters Taking the Number 1 Spot)-Sonic and Tails Toast
What's the big deal?
I honestly don't understand why people are so angry over this. IGN has the right to not like the Sonic series if they don't want to. Now I'm not here to defend their arguments, because I to think that IGN are terrible game reviewers, but I don't mind if they don't like the Sonic series. By the way, even though I'm a Sonic fan there are some of games in the series that I thought sucked (Sonic Heroes). --Speeddasher
I happen to like Sonic Heroes! It was the very first Sonic game I played and it introduced me to the series in the first place! Sonic & Scrab Master
IGN Likes Sonic Rush they gave it 9.0 --Nero the HedgehogLets Rock... 21:59, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
I don't think IGN hates Sonic at all, if anything, Game Informer hates Sonic. They gave Sonic Generations a 6.75 out of 10, the same rating they gave to Sonic 06, for the stupidest reasons possible. One of the reasons why think the game sucks is because it has Crisis City from Sonic 06 in it. The level's remake in Sonic Generations is nowhere near as broken as it is in Sonic 06, in fact, it's actually really fun to play. They also say that Modern Sonic's gameplay sucks, but they never explain why. After a Sonic fan said Game Informer's review was an incoherent mess, Game Informer didn't take the person's advice and pretty much called him/her an idiot. - Austin311