Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Alright, I feel we need a specific place to put this. It seems that certain people are offended by these terms, so we all need to talk about it. Personally, while I agree that the person who brought it here needs a major personality adjustment, I feel that these might have some use. These aren't terms that LB just came up with to make him special; they are recognised terms on places like Wikipedia. I'm sorry to anyone who are offended by these terms, and I don't like defending LB, being offended is not enough for these titles to be removed. Here's how I see the terms:
- Alternate account: An accidental log-out, like Mystic Monkey (talk) (contributions) is notorious for.
- Alternate accountmaster: Someone who has accidentally logged out. Note these terms are NOT abusive and are harmless.
- Sockpuppet: An abusive variant of the above, most notably a user who has been blocked before. This would include users like Launchballer (talk) (contributions).
- Sockpuppeteer: A master of several sockpuppets.
- Meatpuppets: A user who has been recommended here by another user.
- Meatpuppeteer: A user who has recommended another user.
Kagi, can I tell you something? I don't feel like LB is 'following the rules' exactly, the way he is tagging us all. Some of my friends who are INNOCENT have been tagged as well!!!
Hey, they-well, Sunny anyway-is my friend too! And believe me, I'm not crazy about the fact that LB's been the only tagger here. I just feel that maybe, maybe this might prove some use. Besides, the two have admitted that they are brothers, so it justifies it a bit. From my point of view, it just tells people that, if certain Users are having a debate and more join in, who's opinion to believe is a nuetral, honest opinion. Besides, I've told FFF about it on the M.E., so hopefully we can end this thing before it gets out of hand.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 01:26, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Dude, me and EHeroFlareNeos pretty much joined at the same time. Besides, we only ever use this Wiki for reference, like the Brothers Chaps use the Homestar Wiki, and we happen to have similar, if not the same, opinions on things. And we both agree with Shelly that this kind of thing is unfair and offensive. Meatballer needs to learn a lesson here. EHeroDarkNeos 01:37, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
*chuckles* Meatballer; alright I'll give yu that one, it's funny. I also agree that LB needs a major personality adjustment. However, it doesn't change the fact that, following the standards, you are the meatpuppeteer and FlareNeos is the meatpuppet. I don't make the rules, I just follow 'em, and I don't think it's fair that you guys expect to be taken off the list just because you find it offensive. I feel that it's not fair to the other Users on th list. Besides, it's just a title; it doesn't automatically label you as a bad User. Actions speak louder than words, and if you don't like LB, then why do you give a damn what he labels you as? Just keep your cool, let it go, and let the admins take care of this.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 01:48, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Would you like to be called a "Meatpuppet?" Besides, who ARE the admins on this site anyways? If I knew, I would probably be able to say something to them. Otherwise, I still find it a little unfair that we are labled that just cuz we are brothers. EHeroFlareNeos 01:52, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- SLJCOAAATR 1
- Mystic Monkey
- Myself 123
- User:Molten Scandium
- AND soon-to-be-admin...ME!
Eh, I'd only give a damn if someone like friends or family called me that, otherwise I'd just say "I don't give a cr** what you think of me, because you don't know me, so buzz off!" Regardless, the rules say that you guys have to deal with it, or you could be banned. I know it ain't fair, but-and I have not only heard this, I have lived it for most of my life-life isn't fair. I've notified one of the admins here who has been going to another Wiki lately, and I hope we hear from him soon. Until then, you'll just have to live with it. If the admins agree with you guys, then great! If not, uhhh, can't help ya there.
- Fine! Since you're so insistant, I guess I have no choice but to go your way. But no matter WHAT you say, you cannot change my opinion. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. EHeroDarkNeos 02:19, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
You know what, good for you! I am the first one to say "to each their own opinion". And if you're gonna stick to your opinion, then that's something I can respect. Unfortunately, you will have to live with the labels. Sorry.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 02:30, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
Alright, I've put both categories Meatpuppets and Meatpuppeteers on both of your articles. Neither has control over the other. It's just a label, alright?--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 02:42, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
It's hard because of all the confusion. The thing we are doing wrong is not talking with Launchballer. NOT a message on his page that one of us leaves and then others get into an argument with this user. I mean actually talking to him, asking him why he does so, and waiting for his reply. -- Shelly the Hedgehog 03:15, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
That would be useless Shelly. The only person LB would listen to is an admin who can keep him in line. All I'm trying to do here is follow the rules and still be the good guy, while LB is just sitting back and enjoying the mayhem.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 03:20, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
06:50, September 21, 2009 (UTC)THE TROLL Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales Thetalktemplate TTT
|I probably wouldn't listen to SLJCOAAATR 1 (talk) (contributions), Mystic Monkey (talk) (contributions), and Myself 123 (talk) (contributions) either, because they are alternate accountmasters themselves... Try Supermorff (talk) (contributions) or Fairfieldfencer (talk) (contributions).|
14:35, September 21, 2009 (UTC)THE TROLL Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales Thetalktemplate TTT
|Well, that's what I've done, so...|
- LB, as an editor you will listen to all admins and do as they tell you. Now, I've told you to get rid of the meatpuppet tag as it is purely useless. All the others I can see use for, however.Fairfieldfencer FFF 14:54, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- I don't seem able to either. Now, where exactly in the rules does it say that people who have recommended this wikia to others have to be tagged as meatpuppets? From now on, only real rule-breakers (ie: vandals, sockpuppets) will be tagged to give others ideas of what they can do.Fairfieldfencer FFF 15:08, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
15:27, September 21, 2009 (UTC)THE TROLL Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales Thetalktemplate TTT
|I've removed all the meatpuppet tags and tagged for speedy deletion. Could you just follow through with the deleting?|
- Already done. I think you should all see Forum:New Admins and Bureaucrat.Fairfieldfencer FFF 15:32, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
I don't like the term "Meatpuppetry" either. By the way you put it I am a piece of spare meatt hanging around here without an oppinion or worth. Sockpuppetry and those who use it to vandalise, then if the title hold some power then by all means. Eitherway I am no one bad.--Mystic Monkey 17:54, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
17:57, September 25, 2009 (UTC)THE TROLL Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales Thetalktemplate TTT
|Those terms have been long closed...|
Oh sorry, I been off for a bit.--Mystic Monkey 18:01, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
18:02, September 25, 2009 (UTC)THE TROLL Thomas Michael William Patrick Sales Thetalktemplate TTT