This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
As some of you that use the default look for wiki already know, Wikia dumped the 'New Wiki Look' on us without warning. Those that can still see under all of this mess, me and two other users have a plan of action:
We're cutting all ties of wikia and moving onto FTA's website; FindTheComputerRoom.com.
- We will have complete freedom, including our layout and editing systems.
- Arbitrary updates can be avoided.
- Our location will draw more users in, and with (possible) help from FTCR, we'll be able to avoid vandals, trolls, etc from coming on the site.
These are some Pros, not all of them.
- There is a slight possibility we may lose all of our statistics, but FTA himself thinks that all of that will be kept intact through the move.
If you wish to ask about the move, please contact FTA here before turning to anyone else. 16:10, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
EDIT: We've got some baaaaaad news, guys. FTA responded to a PM I left him regarding how long it would take to move the site, and his response is rather unsettling;
I agree, the new skin just bunches all the info up, makes it look like s***. G e r o yo 17:58, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
It looks extremely bad. I want it out of every wiki.UltimateDude127 22:06, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
I hate it when
Wikia any site just drops there changes on there members and expect them to manage (devART for example). While I am thankful for Wikia to allow me to options to work with olskool MonoBook, I hate having to set it that way now and again, especially when setting the skin won'yt do it and have to do it over or wait it out. As long as I can still work to contribute information to SNN and help the people on this Sonic wiki and do it in the fashion I have been doing so since I joined then I ma fine with that.--Mystic Monkey sez 22:19, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
agreed. Tails6000 22:46, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
I think that both we and Wikia is going too far. But Wikia is doing outrageous things so what we're are doing actually better by far.Moon the Hedgehog's power level is higher than Frieza's!! 19:50, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
I Think That The New Look Is Good:Transparent Templates,New Icons And New Layout Leonardo Javier Faneite Freitas 19:56, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
Those who disagree, put your name and signature here:
As if my vote matters, here I am. Is it really worth risking our status and whatnot for...a new look? I like this look, too.
-SalaComMander 23:47, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- We can just keep the wiki in a Monaco style,
- FTC is a dumb fan-forum website.
- There needs to be a good Sonic-wiki status in the Wikia Community.
- The Sonic series needs a wiki in wikia like every other videogame franchise.
- Dont you guys feel this place as "home"? --DiscoDuck 13:41, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
I disagree. I still don't see a great advantage of moving the website.--58SlugDrones! 08:56, October 10, 2010 (UTC)
- A, yes. And B, the changes will eventually be mandatory, right now is 'Public Beta Testing' according to our Beta Tester. 20:43, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Can we stop Wikia from making this happen, or is our only hope to simply pray? DaL33T 22:40, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm going to say no. THOUSANDS of users have tried, but Wikia is still going through with the plan. Just hope that this all changes. Schoolbus13 How ya doin? 23:28, October 13, 2010 (UTC)
After reading SFW's FAQ on the matter I am most convince. But still wondering about the percentage of users who prefer wikiepdia's classic MonoBook settings, which I am a part of. Or should I ask this question on the FAQ Talk Page?--Mystic Monkey is at Pumpkin Hill this Halloween. 20:56, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
A note from Wikia
Hello, I just wanted to leave a note here to see if you have any further questions. I noticed that none of the local admins had designed a theme yet, so I took the liberty to play with one of the themes and modified the wordmark. The theme can take on a lot of different customizations, so I recommend jumping in and trying it. If you need help, please let me know. Also, I wanted to add, that no matter what your decision is as a contributor here, to stay (which we hope you do!), leave or participate both here or somewhere else, we respect that. The wiki will remain open for the community that does decide to stay. Best, --Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 00:09, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Update: The new look is now across Wikia. You can switch back to Monaco in your preferences until Nov 3rd. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Sarah (Help Forum) (blog) 20:24, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Well folks, we'll be moving in two days. Just to clarify for those who missed the memo, we'll be taking our friend Nero's offer. Any admins who have any information on our projected URL, location etc, post the info below this line. Comments go below the second line line, please. -- 02:48, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Has Wikia initiating the changes already? Getting awkward when it comes to re-logging in now.--Mystic Monkey is at Pumpkin Hill this Halloween. 14:18, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
Besides a bit a hassle logging in, MonoBookers are spared... for the time being, since I thought Wikia were taking away the old skins.--Mystic Monkey is at Pumpkin Hill this Halloween. 00:22, October 23, 2010 (UTC)