Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I've recently talked to J()|<3 of Sonic Retro, a SEGA Employee , and he addressed to me that due to sales over the past few years and subsequent leaks, SEGA is filing for Bankruptcy.
Apparently this is what he said: "Not only was I let go, but apparently every employee even suspected of leaking game information was too. I've also talked to my boss before I left, and he said that SEGA is tracking every IP address to find illegal downloaders [of music and ROM's] and sue them in order to make up for the millions they owe."
I don't know about y'all, but this sounds like Sonic 4's their last ordeal...--Milotheechidna 17:28, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Suing people costs a lot of money. If they were filing for bankruptcy, that's the last thing they would be doing. It is after midday wherever you are, right?
- Also, companies file for bankruptcy all the time. Marvel Comics has been bankrupt more times than I can count. Doesn't mean anything. -- Supermorff 17:51, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
Good Job Mystic. And if you paid attention, that User's name is 1337 (Leet) for "Joke"--Milotheechidna 17:59, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
- You guys did notice I asked if it was before midday? April Fools jokes are traditionally made before midday, and it was way into the afternoon (for me) when this went up.
- (Totally didn't notice the "Joke" joke. That's pretty good.) -- Supermorff 18:55, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
I made this at 11:53 my time. I was very close--Milotheechidna 20:23, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Really couldn't care less. -- Supermorff 12:29, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd say wait well after April 1 and if it's all a joke, it's at your expence.--Mystic Monkey sez 20:17, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
Eh, I just don't do it, mostly out of lack of oppurtunity. Anyway, I doubt SEGA will go bankrupt. I mean, Sonic isn't their only franchise, just their most popular one.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 02:26, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Not to mention they have other games to back them up, like Bayonetta.--Mystic Monkey sez 09:05, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
Oh No! That's sad I've kind of been suspecting that the Sonic franchise was going to go soon, but that's still sad to hear. Cheetahfly 02:14, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
It's a joke, Cheetahfly!--Milotheechidna 17:33, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Well actually they did close one of their studios I'm not sure if that really means anything for Sonic though. Link: http://seganerds.thekartel.com/blog/2010/04/02/confirmed:_sega_shuts_down_sega_studios (Sorry if that isn't how you're supposed to put a link I wasn't sure how) Cheetahfly 19:41, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Sigh* It seems as though they are kicking around Sonic's dead corpse for the kids to play with, sad really. Cheetahfly 03:57, April 11, 2010 (UTC)