This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I've recently talked to J()|<3 of Sonic Retro, a SEGA Employee , and he addressed to me that due to sales over the past few years and subsequent leaks, SEGA is filing for Bankruptcy.
Apparently this is what he said: "Not only was I let go, but apparently every employee even suspected of leaking game information was too. I've also talked to my boss before I left, and he said that SEGA is tracking every IP address to find illegal downloaders [of music and ROM's] and sue them in order to make up for the millions they owe."
I don't know about y'all, but this sounds like Sonic 4's their last ordeal...--Milotheechidna 17:28, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Suing people costs a lot of money. If they were filing for bankruptcy, that's the last thing they would be doing. It is after midday wherever you are, right?
- Also, companies file for bankruptcy all the time. Marvel Comics has been bankrupt more times than I can count. Doesn't mean anything. -- Supermorff 17:51, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
Good Job Mystic. And if you paid attention, that User's name is 1337 (Leet) for "Joke"--Milotheechidna 17:59, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
- You guys did notice I asked if it was before midday? April Fools jokes are traditionally made before midday, and it was way into the afternoon (for me) when this went up.
- (Totally didn't notice the "Joke" joke. That's pretty good.) -- Supermorff 18:55, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
I made this at 11:53 my time. I was very close--Milotheechidna 20:23, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Really couldn't care less. -- Supermorff 12:29, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd say wait well after April 1 and if it's all a joke, it's at your expence.--Mystic Monkey sez 20:17, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
Eh, I just don't do it, mostly out of lack of oppurtunity. Anyway, I doubt SEGA will go bankrupt. I mean, Sonic isn't their only franchise, just their most popular one.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 02:26, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Not to mention they have other games to back them up, like Bayonetta.--Mystic Monkey sez 09:05, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
Oh No! That's sad I've kind of been suspecting that the Sonic franchise was going to go soon, but that's still sad to hear. Cheetahfly 02:14, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
It's a joke, Cheetahfly!--Milotheechidna 17:33, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Well actually they did close one of their studios I'm not sure if that really means anything for Sonic though. Link: http://seganerds.thekartel.com/blog/2010/04/02/confirmed:_sega_shuts_down_sega_studios (Sorry if that isn't how you're supposed to put a link I wasn't sure how) Cheetahfly 19:41, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Sigh* It seems as though they are kicking around Sonic's dead corpse for the kids to play with, sad really. Cheetahfly 03:57, April 11, 2010 (UTC)