This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
What is the timeline? what order do the games and comics and tv show go in id like to have a list all in one place
It's all mixed up!The Chosen One of Fire 21:28, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- Seperate actually! each comic and cartoon series usually have own plot... though Id say Sonic Underground is set on an alternate timeline to AoSTH. but the games are continuous and set in one time and planet. It is only recently that we had more details and story on it.--Mystic Monkey 21:35, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
So i should not send Chris going out with Princess Elise is that what you're trying to say!?
Well they don't exist in the same continuality. Princess Elise is from the games and Chris is from the Sonic X series.--Mystic Monkey 08:54, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Sonic and friends looking at TO THE MALL :3 at deviantart.com* Why Chris going with Ashley on Earth?
Sonic: Where is he?
Tails: He going to the Station Square with a girls.
Knuckles: So he going out with Ashley the Hedgebat on us after all!
Dawn the Hedgehog: it was Rico Sakara and uknownprincess ideas who create Ashley.
Shadow: Why he do that?
Rouge: To teach us the lesson.
Amy Rose: That not true he wouldn't do that without telling us first.
(oh ya im in it!) ok ummmmmmmmm, ya i also got confused w/ the timeline wen i was all new...i think that other new fans will get VERY confused. (lik Snset, she has no CLUE to anything bout sonic, she didnt no he was a hedgehog named sonic, she just said it wa a blue animal...) Dawn the Hedgehog 08:18, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
at the beginnig (6) i didn't know what knuckles was.The Chosen One Of Fire 11:51, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
i new who the ppl were but not their names (6 or 7 or even 8), my cuzens were HUGE fans so they hav a lot of games... Dawn the Hedgehog 16:09, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
It's easy for new fans to know not to consider the comics, cartoons adn games story and timeline same or mixed up, but seperate. Sonic cartoons were based after the games but rewritten and originalised to make them original in it's own right.--Mystic Monkey 23:35, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
while the comics have a totally different time line. Dawn the Hedgehog 15:24, 30 May 2009 (UTC)
Hm, to confirm, does the question mena which order the games, cartoons and comics were produced?--Mystic Monkey 13:46, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Well, not just new fans. I've loved the Sonic series since I got a Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure (both of which I still have), and I didn't know Amy was a hedgehog until I read the profile of her Trophy in Super Smash Bros Brawl! I also thought Sonic CD was a movie or something, so you get my point. Personally, I think it happens in order of release, and that the adventures happen every few months or so.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 14:30, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Out of Offtopic curiosity, what you thought Amy to be?--Mystic Monkey 16:22, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I just thought she was some animal of unknown origin. After a while I just let it be, forgetting the subject. Then when I got the trophy, it said that Amy was a hedgehog. I think the main reason was because she didn't look like a hedgehog. Now mind you, Sonic Adventure was my first Sonic game, so I never knew what her original design was. What's more, I was around 6 when I got the game, so add that all up and you see why I was surprised to find out she was a hedgehog.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 16:29, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- I knew she was a Hedgehog since Sonic CD, but when I saw her in her new hairstyle, though I believed she was a Hedgehog, I considerd she could be an Echidna.--Mystic Monkey 16:55, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Well, like I said, I didn't know what she was until I got the trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I mean, I admit she looked a little echidna-ish, but I noticed differences (ears vs no ears for one thing) that confused me further. Anyway, I think we should get back on topic.--Kagimizu-Seeya 'round~ 17:22, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, lets return. Eitherway if I had to point to the games timepline Id say somewhere in the near future as it shows both modern adn futuristic technology societies.--Mystic Monkey 18:00, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
I would use Next Gen as a reference point seeing as though technically it never existed it was kind of a turning point in which we are now in a alternate kind of universe in which Solaris doesn't physically exist, so now the whole time/space continum has resetted itself in a way where mostly everything is the same as it was before but some things have changed (such as Eggman Nega changing from a counterpart to a decendent or Blaze existing in both an alternate dimension and then the future in Sonic's dimension) but in small ways no one really notices nor remembers. As for timelines, pretty much all games in the order they came out (Sonic CD is after Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in my oppinion). Also I thought Knuckles was a Hedgehog, Rouge was a Cat (totaly ignored the wings) , and Espio was a bird (it was the horn, I thought it was a beak) when I first saw them.--Sonic the Hedgehog! 17:06, August 12 2009 (UTC)
- I have written some old theory on the whole future/alternate dimension thing from both Rush adn Next-Gen. I think even though Solaris was extinguished it didn't effect the whole game series from Sonic 1. I admit I never got round to completing it, but if there were any benefitial effects my guess is that without Solaris, the Chaos Emeralds could be left alone til Sonic picks them up on South Island. BTW I corrected more than your "technically" spelling mistake for you.--Mystic Monkey 12:33, 13 August 2009 (UTC)