|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Fuzzy Puppies is a game that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. It is a puppy-themed tabletop battlegame centering around strategy, cunning and aggression. Although a subject of ridicule, it is very popular, having gained a large fan base on Seaside Island.
Fuzzy Puppies is a tabletop figurine game in which two players takes turn playing puppy figurines on a segmented hexagon board using a multi-faced die. Each player uses a set of four puppy playing pieces. The goal is to eliminate all the opponents' puppies from the board using their own, much like chess.
Puppies are the primary playable pieces in the game. Each piece is a cute miniature figurine of a puppy with its own distinct design and name. Each puppy has its own unique abilities for gameplay (i.e. trapping an opponent's piece for three turns, remove pieces from the board, removal of pieces etc.) which are derived from dog attributes.
Puppies are arranged into categories, like "enforcers", "decoys dogs", "assist pups" and "defense mutts." The different puppies come in different rarities.
Accessories are the secondary game pieces in the game which can be used during one's turn. They resemble different types of miniature headwear for the puppy pieces. When put on, they power up the pups.
A relatively new game, Fuzzy Puppies quickly got a large fan base around Seaside Island's archipelago, giving rise to fan clubs, player meetings, and playing piece collectors. The game in particular let Amy and Dr. Eggman bond over their passion for the game. Under Amy's tutelage, Eggman grew from a collector to a top player. When Eggman began stealing playing pieces at Puppy Con though, Amy made him give his back loot after a game of Fuzzy Puppies to keep their friendship.
List of Fuzzy Puppies pieces
- Fancy Poodle: An exceedingly rare piece.
- Dirk Doberman: A supposed heavy-hitter.
- Goldie the Retriever: Digs holes to trap an opposing piece for three turns.
- Gertie the Bulldog: The weakest piece in the game. Tracks mud in the house when moving, causing immediate removal from the board.
- Missy Malamute
- Pitbull Paulie: A supposed heavy-hitter.
- Pugnacious Pup
- Sharleen Sharpay: Has a bark that can scare smaller dogs off the board.
- Slobbering Sheepdog
- Warrior Beagle
- Cuteness Hat: Makes a puppy too cute to resist, shifting negative abilities over to other pieces.
- Ice Tierra
- Gertie the Bulldog is modeled after Cindy Robinson's own late bulldog with the same name.
- No rules for the Fuzzy Puppies board game were specified by the writers for Sonic Boom television series.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Revolution 2016: PART 6 - Sonic Boom Panel. YouTube. Sonic Revolution (22 June 2016). Retrieved on 29 June 2016.
- ↑ Sanzaru Games (September 27, 2016). Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Level/Area: Sonic's Shack. "Fuzzy Puppies: When Eggman and Amy became superfans of a cutesy board game craze called Fuzzy Puppies, our team had a lot of work to do when it came designing a board and the play pieces. Here is some early concept art of that. As for the actual rules of the game? Eh, we’re still not sure what’s going on."