[Scene: Amy's House]
- Amy: Thought you were pretty slick, playing Warrior Beagle against Pugnacious Pug. [Amy pushes one of the Fuzzy Puppies forward] Didn't see that comin', did ya? [Amy runs to the other side of the table, revealing that she's playing a game against herself. She then rolls a die.] Bam! Slobbering Sheepdog is marking his territory! [Amy knocks over the piece she just advanced with another one, then laughs. She then runs around to the other side and gasps, realizing she "lost." She then runs back to the other side and does a victory dance.] Oh, yeah. Uh-huh. Whoop. Whoop. Whoop. [Amy suddenly stops dancing when she realizes that the rest of Team Sonic is watching her.]
- Sonic: Uh... what are you doing?
- Amy: Nothing embarrassing. I'll tell you that right now.
- Sonic: [picks up a Fuzzy Puppy figure from the floor] Ah! Cute doggie doll.
- Amy: They're not dolls, they're playing pieces. Part of a very sophisticated battle game that requires strategy, cunning, and merciless aggression! It's called Fuzzy Puppies!
- [The rest of Team Sonic start laughing]
- Tails: Sounds pretty lame, Amy.
- Amy: It's not lame! It's the coolest new game around!
- Sticks: If it's so cool, why are you playing it all by yourself?
- Amy: I'm just honing my skills before the Fuzzy Puppy meet-up at Meh Burger. All the best, most popular players in town will be there.
[Scene Change: Meh Burger]
- [Amy is at a table where Zooey, Dave the Intern, and Fastidious Beaver are seated.]
- Amy: Excuse me, can you tell me where the cool, popular Fuzzy Puppy fan group is?
- Dave: Duh! It's right here at this table.
- Fastidious: Noob!
- Dr. Eggman: [runs up] Hey, guys! Sorry I'm late! I was polishing my schnauzer and--
- Amy: Eggman! You're into Fuzzy Puppies?
- Dr. Eggman: Me? Oh... No, no, never! I'm the evil and powerful Eggman. I wouldn't... [gives up] Ah, who am I kidding? Of course I collect Fuzzy Puppies. They're adorable!
- Amy: I know, right?
- Dr. Eggman: So, if you could do me a solid and not tell Sonic and those guys, OK? They'll just make fun of me.
- Amy: Tell me about it. Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me. So, who's your favorite Fuzzy Puppy?
- Dr. Eggman: O-M-G! How can you choose just one?
- [Amy and Eggman take a seat at the table]
- Amy: You know, Eggman, maybe you're not so bad after all.
[Scene Change: Somewhere on Seaside Island]
- [Doctor Eggman is in his Eggmobile, firing at Team Sonic]
- Dr. Eggman: [laughs evilly] I'm gonna wipe you filthy rodents off the face of the planet!
- [Giant Robot rolls up. Sonic goes into a spin and slams against it. Two Ball Bots are slammed into the ground by Amy and Knuckles, respectively. Doctor Eggman suddenly flies over to Amy.]
- Dr. Eggman: [whispering] Psst, Amy! After this is over, you wanna stop by the lair for a quick Fuzzy Puppy sesh?
- Amy: [whispering] Are you serious? Why would I wanna hang out with you? You're literally in the middle of attacking us!
- Dr. Eggman: [whispering] That's just business. Nine-to-five we're enemies, but outside office hours we're Fuzzy Puppy buddies.
- Sonic: [spins up and knocked the Giant Robot onto its back] Need help over there, Ames?
- Amy: Nah, I got it! [whispers to Doctor Eggman] Fine. I'll see you at 8:00. [smacks the Eggmobile away with her hammer]
- Dr. Eggman: Curse you, Amy Rose, for smacking me over the horizon! And I definitely won't be seeing you any time soon!
[Scene Change, Amy's House]
- [The rest of Team Sonic meets Amy, who's coming out of her house with her Fuzzy Puppy case]
- Sonic: Hey, we're heading to the beach. Wanna come with?
- Amy: Uh, no, I gotta... water my cat. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that. See ya! [darts off]
- Sticks: That's the third time she ditched us this week!
- Knuckles: Yeah, I'm worried. I think she's over-watering that cat.
[Scene Change, Eggman's Lair]
- Amy: Impressive collection. Pitbull Paulie? Dirk Doberman? Some heavy hitters. Looks like someone's missing.
- Dr. Eggman: Ah, yes. The legendary Fancy Poodle, the white whale of Fuzzy Puppies. And I've been doggedly pursuing it, like a hawk!
- Amy: Well, I brought over my collection. Maybe you wanna do some trades?
- Dr. Eggman: Trades? For those lame-o pups? I got the big dogs over here.
- Amy: You've got enforcers, but you're missing decoy dogs, assist pups, and defense mutts.
- Dr. Eggman: See, the thing is, I'm a collector. I don't really know how to, uh, play the game.
- Amy: With a starter set like this and some basic training from me, you'll be a top-level Puppy pugilist in no time!
- Amy: The goal is to eliminate all your opponent's puppies from the board. Each puppy has its own unique abilities. Goldie the Retriever can dig a hole, trapping one of your opponent's pieces for three turns. Charlene Shar Pei has a bark that can scare a smaller dog off.
- Dr. Eggman: What's that one do?
- Amy: Gertie the Bulldog. If you move her, she tracks mud in the house, which gets her kicked off immediately. I never move her. I think she's cute, so I keep her there for luck.
- Dr. Eggman: Ooh! This one's wearing a little crown!
- Amy: It's the Ice Tiara. Accessories like that power up your pup. Also, they're adorable!
- Dr. Eggman: You don't have to tell me.
- [Doctor Eggman is wearing a Fuzzy Puppy sized fez. Both Doctor Eggman and Amy giggle.]
- Amy: [picks up a die] Now, let me show you how it's done.
[Montage: At Meh Burger, Doctor Eggman is playing a game of Fuzzy Puppies against Dave the Intern, with Amy coaching him. At Eggman's lair, Amy is explaining Fuzzy Puppy capabilities, with Doctor Eggman taking notes. Back at Meh Burger, Doctor Eggman is playing Zooey, again with Amy coaching him. At Amy's House, Amy wins a game against Doctor Eggman, causing him to flip the board angrily. Back to Meh Burger, where Doctor Eggman is now playing Fastidious Beaver. Once more to Amy's house, where a game of Fuzzy Puppies ends with Doctor Eggman winning.]
- Amy: Good game. The student have become the master.
- Dr. Eggman: I learned from the best. Well, second best now. You know, since I just crushed you. [flips the board] Victory flip!
[Scene Change: Meh Burger]
- [Team Sonic, minus Amy, are seated at a table.]
- Knuckles: Have you guys noticed that it's been a really slow week?
- Sticks: Hey, what if it's not a slow week? What if stuff's happening and we're just not a part of it?
- Sonic: That's absurd. We're part of everything.
- Tails: Yeah, whenever anything happens it's always centered around you, or me, or Knuckles, or Sticks, or... [realizes] Amy!
[Scene Change: Amy's House]
- [Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Sticks are peering in through a window]
- Sonic: What's going on?
- Tails: I can't see.
- Sticks: I've always found the other window better for spying on Amy.
- Knuckles: [sees Amy putting food on a table] Looks like she's setting up for a date.
- Sonic: [suprised] A date? [feigned nonchalance] That's cool. I mean, what do I care? [glares at the others] Stop looking at me.
- [There's a knock on the door. Amy opens it, letting Doctor Eggman in.]
- Sonic: It's Eggman! We've gotta stop him!
- [Sonic races in, grabbing one of Amy's blinds and using it to wrap up Doctor Eggman.]
- Dr. Eggman: Oh! Uh... [fake tone] you did it. Confound you. You've stopped me from enacting my brilliant, evil scheme, which is the only reason I was here. Oh, well. Gotta go. [runs off]
- Knuckles: Did that Eggman attack seem strange?
- Amy: [fake tone] No. He was fearsome. I, for one, was terrified.
- Sonic: Eggman doesn't usually knock before an attack. What's going on, Amy?
- Amy: [fake tone] Nothing. I'm a weak, helpless girl and you all saved me? [A long beat occurs as everyone stares at Amy] Urgh! Fine! Eggman and I are... Fuzzy Puppy buddies.
- Tails: [shocked] You're friends with Eggman?!
- Amy: We're only friends when we're not battling. Then we're Fuzzy Puppy buddies. And tomorrow, he and I are going to Puppy Con.
- Sticks: So it's a con! A swindle! A hustle, a flim-flam, a grift! And you're the sap, the mark, the patsy, the gudgeon --
- Sonic: No, Sticks, it's worse than that. I think Puppy Con is a Fuzzy Puppy fan convention. Still, I don't trust Eggman, so despite the risk to my carefully cultivated street cred, we're going to Puppy Con.
- [Amy looks delighted, but Tails, Knuckles and Sticks groan.]
[Scene Change: Village Center]
- [The area is decorated for Puppy Con. Doctor Eggman and Amy are walking together.]
- Dr. Eggman: This is awesome! And I don't use that term lightly. [pulls something out of his pocket] Hey! I just found an old cheese puff in my pocket! Awesome! [eats it]
- Amy: [runs ahead, shrieking with delight] Look at all the adorable accessories!
- Dr. Eggman: [notices something else] Ooh! [runs over to Walrus Child, picking up the Fancy Poodle piece in front of him] Hey kid, what'll you take for that Fancy Poodle?
- Walrus Child: I don't think I could part with Fancy Poodle.
- Dr. Eggman: Everyone has a price! How about I give you Missy Malamute, Pitbull Paulie, and I'll throw in my two service robots?
- [Orbot and Cubot zip over, smiling with Eggman. Walrus Child shakes his head. Orbot and Cubot withdraw, dissapointed.]
- Eggman: Tell you what. Same deal, no Orbot and Cubot. See? The offer's better already.
- Walrus Child: No.
- Dr. Eggman: Ok, you're a tough negotiator. How about this? I'll throw in my Obliterator Bot. Kids love enormous, destructive robots.
- Lady Walrus: [walks over] My son can't have a giant destructive killing machine. You know nothing about children's safety! [Sees Walrus Baby swinging on a sign hanging from the ceiling] My baby! [runs off]
- Dr. Eggman: OK, your mom's gone. Whaddya say?
- [Doctor Eggman holds up a key. Walrus Child shakes his head again. Doctor Eggman growls. Elsewhere in the convention, Amy is buying an accessory from Zooey.]
- Zooey: Here you go. One Cuteness Hat. When activated, it makes your character too cute to resist.
- [The room suddenly starts shaking]
- Dr. Eggman: [offscreen, falsetto voice] Help! Someone or something is attacking!
- [Team Sonic runs outside]
[Scene Change: Seaside Island]
- [Team Sonic runs up to the base of a hill, where a rockslide is being caused by two hooded figures.]
- Amy: The Lightning Bolt Society!
- [Tails and Sticks leap over the rolling rocks. Knuckles stops one rock with a punch, then destroys it with another. Sonic spins up and is hammered by Amy, launching him into several more of the rolling rocks, before landing on a stationary one.]
- Sonic: Now to take care of those Lightning Bolts. [The top of the hill is now empty] Where did they go?
[Scene Change: Village Center]
- [A policeman is pulling off Dave the Intern, as everyone watches]
- Policeman: Let's go, ya Lightning Bolt loser!
- Dave: No! I'm innocent! Don't taze me, bro!
- Knuckles: I guess his PuppyCon experience was... [puts on sunglasses] "ruff."
- [Team Sonic laughs and freezes, mimicking a freeze-frame. Suddenly, a yell is heard]
- Walrus Child: That guy stole my Fancy Poodle!
- [Team Sonic runs back inside]
- Dr. Eggman: Did not! We traded! Your Fancy Poodle for my not destroying all you hold dear.
- Sonic: This ends now, Eggman!
- Amy: No, Sonic. Let me handle this my way. Eggman, I challenge you to a game. If I win, you give the kid back his Poodle.
- Dr. Eggman: Fine! But if you lose, I get... Gertie the Bulldog.
- [Everyone else gasps]
- Amy: Why? You know it's the worst piece!
- Dr. Eggman: Because you love it. I am a villain, after all. I know all your moves. This is gonna be a piece of cake.
- Knuckles: [removes the sunglasses] Cake?
[Doctor Eggman and Amy are now seated at a table, ready to play Fuzzy Puppies. Amy rolls the die and moves a puppy forward. Doctor Eggman moves forward a puppy and knocks hers away, causing the audience to gasp again. Time lapses, and Amy's other two puppies disappear, leaving her with just Gertie.]
- Dr. Eggman: You're down to Gertie the Bulldog, the weakest piece in the game. I played you like a violin. Classical, not country. It's just like when I stole Fancy Poodle by distracting you with a rock slide and blamed it on The Lightning Bolts.
- [Orbot and Cubot zip over, still wearing the Lightning Bolts Robes and laughing.]
- Amy: Shifted the blame, huh? Good idea. Gertie, let's track some mud, shall we? Oh, I almost forgot!
- [Amy puts the Cuteness Hat on Gertie, causing another gasp from the audience.]
- Amy: The Cuteness Hat. Gertie is now the most adorable puppy on the board. No one would blame her for anything. So, another dog must take blame for the mud tracks! And since I have no other puppies, I blame... Fancy Poodle!
- Dr. Eggman: No! No fair! Now you can just blame all my puppies!
- Amy: You can't win! Give back the Poodle!
- Dr. Eggman: I'm not giving it back! I'm not! [flips the board]
- Amy: Fine! Then we're not Fuzzy Puppy buddies!
- [Doctor Eggman recoils, looking hurt, and looking back and forth between Fancy Poodle and Amy]
- Dr. Eggman: But... but... I thought we were FPBFFs! All right, I'll give back Fancy Poodle. [hands Fancy Poodle to Amy] So, I'll see ya next week? Say, uh, right after I blow up the-- [catches himself] I mean, uh, after I paint my rumpus room?
[Scene Change: Eggman's Lair]
- Amy: And, game over! [knocks a puppy away] I win!
- [Eggman flips the board, but both he and Amy laugh as the episode ends.]