|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Gae-Na was one of the few female members of the Dark Legion of any significance. She appears to have been an aide to Lien-Da during the brief time in which Knuckles was Chaos Knuckles. She operated on board the Legion's Battle Cruiser in 3236 and provided advice to Lien-Da during her emotional crisis while Dimitri was dying. She also supervised a never-revealed experiment regarding a back-up plan in case the High Council of Echidnaopolis rejected the reunification plan proposed by Dimitri. She later accompanied Lien-Da to retrieve Dimitri after Knuckles sacrificed himself to save him. She has red fur, peach skin, green eyes and cybernetic left eye. She wears blue dress uniform, blue gloves and cybernetic enhancements.
Lien-Da's Right-Hand Woman
Gae-Na served as Lien-Da's right hand woman and helped her in many situations such as assisting on board the Dark Legion's Battle Cruiser by delivering information to the Kommissar. She also supervised a secret experiment crucial to a back-up plan against the High Council of Echindaopolis should Dimitri's efforts to unify the echidna population fail. (StH: #115)
Gae-Na was later put in charge of tracking Knuckles and gave advice to Lien-Da while Dimitri was dying and only Chaos Knuckles could save him, as Lien-Da had promised her great-great-great-grandfather not to act against Knuckles and how Kragok would be ashamed of her for letting the Guardian save Dimitri. (StH: #117)
After an explosion occurred where Mammoth Mogul was holding Dimitri hostage, Gae-Na accompanied Lien-Da in her Hover pod to discover what happened. After Lien-Da informed Constable Remington of their good intentions, they found Dimitri unharmed, but Knuckles dead among the rubble. (StH: #118)
Gae-Na appeared to be a good organizational leader in certain projects, and appears to be considered quite trustworthy by Lien-Da, and may even be good friends with her. She is also rather logical. (StH: #115, #117, #118)
- Gae-Na's current whereabouts are unknown, though it's possible she was killed in the Egg Grape Chambers in 3237 along with many other members of the Echidna population. But there is no evidence of this and Gae-Na was also absent on writer Ian Flynn's unofficial list of character deaths. However, Ian Flynn has said that unless he can think of a reason to re-introduce her, she should be considered another victim of the Egg Grapes.
- The female Echidna Lien-Da was speaking to in Sonic the Hedgehog #117 appeared different than Gae-Na, lacking the cybernetic eye, and her name was never specified. However, writer Ian Flynn confirmed the two to be the same person. The out of continuity explanation can be easily put down to artistic error, the in-continuity could be that Gae-Na had a new eye put in similar to Moritori Rex's.
- It has been speculated that Gae-Na was a relative to Gala-Na given their name suffixes being the same and their first names being similar. When Ian Flynn was asked if they were related on his message board, he overlooked the question, leaving it unanswered for the time being. However, given that Gae-Na is from the Angel Island Echidnas and Gala-Na lived in Albion before her death, they are most likely distantly related if at all.
- In Ian Flynn's character Q&A topic made in February 2009, Flynn as Lien-Da revealed that the back-up plan she and Gae-Na organized was to replace all the members of Echidnaopolis's High Council in a more proactive version of the Benedict scheme. But this Q&A was stated to be unofficial, so nothing conclusive can be drawn until it appears in the comics or is officially confirmed by a writer.
- ↑ Ian Flynn (31 July 2008). Body Count. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.
- ↑ Ian Flynn (6 December 2009). Ask Ian XXVII - Let's Try that Again. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.
- ↑ Ian Flynn (15 March 2009). Ask Ian for MAR'09 - I Stop Talking to Myself. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.
- ↑ Ian Flynn (15 February 2009). Ask Ian for FEB'09 - Novelty Answer Month - Finis~. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.