The Nintendo GameCube (or NGC) is a video game console system produced by Nintendo, for which several Sonic the Hedgehog series games were released. It competed with the Sega Dreamcast (which ceased production before the system's launch), the Playstation 2, and the Xbox.
It was the first Nintendo system to use discs as a storage medium for its games. However, its discs were small and weren't full-size DVD discs. Partially due to this, there was no DVD playback functionality.
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (2002): The GameCube port of Sonic Adventure 2 which had many added features such as extra Chao options, more 2 player stages and other minor changes.
- Sonic Mega Collection (2002): This was a compilation game for the 7 Sonic games on the Mega Drive/Genesis, plus Flicky and Ristar as an added bonus.
- Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (2003): The GameCube remake of Sonic Adventure. The game had added missions and featured all of Sonic's Game Gear games as unlockables.
- Sonic Heroes (2004) Was the first original 3D Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.
- Sonic Gems Collection (2005): Another compilation game which included Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic the Fighters and the 6 Sonic Game Gear games that weren't in Sonic Mega Collection Plus.
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005): This was a main series game focusing on Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Sonic Riders (2006): This is a spin-off Sonic game focused on Racing on hover boards called Extreme Gear.
- Duo Pack: Sonic Heroes/Super Monkey Ball : A compilation pack containing Sonic Heroes and another Sonic Team title Super Monkey Ball
Sonic Related Demo discsEdit
- Preview Disc: A rare, purchasable disc of demos that contained levels from SEGA titles, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.
- Mario Kart Double Dash: Bonus Disc: A rare disc that came with pre-orders of the game Mario Kart Double Dash in the United States. Amongst the many previews on this disc was a playable demo of Sonic Heroes consisting of two levels, and two playable teams: Team Sonic and Team Dark.
- Dark Chao Walker
- Black Doom
- G.U.N. Commander
- E-123 Omega
- Jet the Hawk
- Wave the Swallow
- Storm the Albatross
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was the first time Sonic appeared on a Nintendo console, having been the mascot for SEGA and a rival to the company for many years before this. He still is the mascot, but Sega stopped making consoles.
- Sonic Shuffle is Sonic's only Dreamcast title to not be remade on the GameCube.
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was released on the GameCube before Sonic Adventure DX, even though Sonic Adventure DX was made first as the original Sonic Adventure.
Box Art GalleryEdit
- Nintendo GameCube at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia