Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies, and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
The Sega Game Gear is a handheld that was made to combat Nintendo's Game Boy. Introduced in 1990 as a portable Sega Master System, it lasted from 1990 to 1997. It sold 11 million units. There were twelve games released for the system that have been ported to Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, Sonic Gems Collection and Sonic Mega Collection Plus. Nine games for this console, including Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, were released for the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.
List of games
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic Chaos (Titled Sonic and Tails in Japan)
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Sonic Drift
- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
- Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble (Titled Sonic and Tails 2 in Japan)
- Sonic Drift 2
- Tails' Skypatrol
- Tails Adventure
- Sonic Labyrinth
- Sonic Blast
Box artwork gallery
- The Sega Game Gear is region-free.
- There are 363 games available for the Sega Game Gear.
- There was an adapter for the Game Gear that allowed owners to play games made for the Sega Master System.