Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic the Hedgehog
"Game Guy" is the fifteenth episode of the Sonic the Hedgehog television series. Despite airing as the fifteenth episode of the series during the show's original run, it was initially produced as the fourteenth episode of the series. It was written by Pat Allee and Ben Hurst and was first aired on 10 September 1994.
- Antoine Depardieu
- Ari (First appearance)
- Doctor Robotnik
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Rotor Walrus
- Sonic the Hedgehog
While salvaging a wrecked hover pod, the Knothole Freedom Fighters see a pair of Swatbots chasing a ram named Ari. Princess Sally incapacitates them with an electromagnet. Ari explains that he's the last member of a group of freedom fighters that was captured by Robotnik. Sally is suspicious, but Sonic agrees to help Ari save his friends.At Knothole, the others tap the memory banks of one of the Swatbots chasing Ari and realize he's leading Sonic into a trap. Ari and Sonic travel to a mechanized pyramid where Ari traps Sonic inside a giant pinball game, with Sonic inside the ball. The more points Robotnik scores, the more a portal to the Void opens.
Sally and Dulcy fly to the pyramid to try to warn Sonic but are stuck outside and instead fly after Ari when he leaves in a hover pod. He flies to meet Robotnik, who promised to release Ari's friends if he helped capture Sonic, but shows Ari that his fellow freedom fighters have already been roboticized. They save Ari from a similar fate and return to the pyramid. Ari saves Sonic but is sucked into The Void after telling Sonic to look for the king's list of other freedom fighter groups.
Title in other languages
- The episode was novelized in Sonic the Hedgehog: Friend or Foe ? by Michael Teitelbaum, but its connections with the deeper mythology of the series were cut. Instead of a portal to the Void in Robotnik's oversized pinball machine, there's a black hole, and Ari isn't sucked in.
- Robotnik's oversized pinball machine could be a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball, considering that game also uses references from this show.
- Despite this episode being produced before "Sonic Conversion", it aired after said episode.
- This episode and the next episode, "Sonic Conversion", are reversed on the Netflix episode order.
- When Rotor first appears in this episode, he's singing the main theme to the opera Ride of the Valkyries.