|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
The GameCube (officially called Nintendo GameCube and abbreviated GCN) is a video game console system developed by Nintendo, for which several Sonic the Hedgehog games were released. The GameCube is the successor to the Nintendo 64 and the predecessor to the Wii.
The GameCube was the first Nintendo system to use optical discs as a storage medium for its games.
List of Sonic Games on GameCube
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (2002): The GameCube port of Sonic Adventure 2 which had many added features such as extra Chao options, more co-op stages and other minor changes.
- Sonic Mega Collection (2002): A compilation game for the seven Sonic games on the Sega Mega Drive/Sega Genesis, with games such as Flicky and Ristar as an added bonus.
- Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (2003): The GameCube remake of Sonic Adventure.
- Sonic Heroes (2004)
- Sonic Gems Collection (2005): A compilation game which included Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic the Fighters and the six Sonic Sega Game Gear games that weren't in Sonic Mega Collection Plus.
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005)
- Sonic Riders (2006)
- Duo Pack: Sonic Heroes/Super Monkey Ball: A compilation pack containing Sonic Heroes and another Sonic Team entitled Super Monkey Ball.
Sonic-Related Demo discs
- Preview Disc: A rare, purchasable disc of demos that contained levels from Sega titles, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.
- Mario Kart Double Dash: Bonus Disc: A rare disc that came with pre-orders of the game Mario Kart Double Dash in the United States. Among the many previews on the disc was a playable demo of Sonic Heroes consisting of two levels, and two playable teams: Team Sonic and Team Dark.
Box Art Gallery
Box art for all Sonic the Hedgehog games released on the GameCube.
- In the Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog comic series, specifically in Sonic the Hedgehog #175, Mighty the Armadillo and Vector the Crocodile are playing a Nintendo GameCube at Freedom HQ.
- Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was the first time Sonic appeared on a Nintendo console, despite of being the mascot for SEGA and a rival to the company for many years before this.
- Sonic Shuffle is Sonic's only Dreamcast title to not be remade on the GameCube.
- Nintendo GameCube at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Apple (iOS)||iPod | Mac|
|Microsoft||Xbox | Xbox 360 | Windows Phone|
|Nintendo||3DS | DS | Game Boy Advance | GameCube | Wii | Wii U|
|Sega||32X | Coleco Sonic | Dreamcast | Game Gear | Master System | Mega-CD | Mega Drive/Genesis | Mobile | Pico | Saturn | Sonic Cafe|
|Sony||PlayStation 2 | PlayStation 3 | PlayStation Portable | PlayStation Vita|
|Other||Android | Game.com | Neo Geo Pocket Color | Ouya | PC | Steam|