Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
|Appearances and overview|
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
|Number of acts||
Gigan Device is the first course in the Babylon Story of Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. It is like the Gigan Rocks at night with some strange mechanisms. Jet, Wave, and Storm race against the clock (the time limit being until 3'42"00) to escape from the ruins.
Team Babylon came all this way, for what? They're searching for the "Ark of the Cosmos", which is a legendary power stone in an ancient temple. They took it expertly, but they didn't count on one thing.
They set up the trap when they grabbed the stone almost carelessly. The boulder's falling on them! But wait, the Ark of the Cosmos held the boulder from falling! What a powerful stone...
The team arrives at the rocks' altar and find the treasure gone. When Knuckles reads an ancient script, they find that Babylon Garden is a spaceship powered by the Arks of the Cosmos and that a great darkness attacked it. Eggman then flies overhead with the Babylon Rogues' airship in pursuit. Sonic then says that they should catch up.
Gigan Device is strangely the first level, because each team visited this area at a significantly different time. This level is set inside and partly outside an ancient temple and the point of the mission is to get away from this ancient trap before this temple becomes a ruin! Jet also can attack his team mates, which doesn't necessarily help a lot if you want to get away...
|1||Find the fastest route and reach the goal in under 1:17 minutes!||Wave||
|2||Reach the goal with at least 100 Rings!||Storm||
Normal: 100-179 Rings
Super: 180-199 Rings
Extreme: 200 or more Rings
|3||Score at least 21 points by performing stunning tricks!||Wave||
Normal: 21-27 points
Super: 28-40 points
Extreme: 41 or more points
|4||Perform at least 6 grinds before reaching the goal!||Jet||
Normal: 6-7 grinds
Super: 8-9 grinds
Extreme: 10 or more grinds
|5||Earn 500 points peforming gravity dives as you do one lap around the course!||Wave||
Normal: 500-699 points
Super: 700-999 points
Extreme: 1000 or more points
|6||Take on 3 robots and come in at least 3rd place!||Jet||
Normal: 3rd place
Super: 2nd place
Extreme: 1st place
|7||Use gravity control to break at least 5 targets!||Storm||
Normal: 5-7 targets
Super: 8-9 targets
Extreme: 10 targets
MusicThe background music played in this level is entitled "Sealed Ground".
- A 100 Ring Capsule is located on the first wall riding area of the course. It is in front of a pile of rocks before ramping off the wall.
- If in first place, to access the second Grind section, the player has to wait for a short time at the second intersection for the path to open up.
- A location in the Archie comics called Gigan Mountains, which Jet, Wave, and Storm find in their Sonic Universe arc, is based off of this (and the Gigan Rocks) track.
- Both this course and Gigan Rocks (if you can't access the slipstream air-ride near the end) only have 1 but a long Air-Ride section.
- Both this course and Gigan Rocks are named after a monster from the Godzilla series, Gigan.