|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Gogobas are a group that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. They are a tribe of anthropomorphic chinchillas who live in Gogoba Village on Seaside Island. Although weak of stature, they are expert manipulators, ensnaring their victims with nice behavior and heavy guilt trips.
Characteristics and culture
The Gogobas live a simple lifestyle in their village. They have a tribal-like society with a chief serving as their leader. They are seemingly self-sustaining as they grow their own food, but possess no form of self-defense, making them an easy target for invaders.
To the outside observer, the Gogobas are incredibly nice and selfless people. They always offer the best of their services and resources and do not wish to bother others with their troubles, never once showing consideration for their own well-being and misery, even if they need what they hand out more. This behavior makes them seem like complete pushovers as they offer no resistance when attacked. In truth, the Gogobas are devious and experts in manipulating others using guilt, and their selflessness is only a façade to further this. While telling about their services to others or mentioning others' behavior, the Gogobas casually note how it is at horrid costs for themselves which instills a strong sense of guilt. This way, their victims cannot say no to the Gogobas' requests. That said, despite their shrewdness and penchant for manipulation, the Gogobas are not without conscience; the only known way to escape them, is to guilt trip the Gogobas themselves.
One day, as the Gogobas were plundered by the Weasel Bandits until Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails came to their aid and got rid of the bandits. Seeing that Sonic and Tails could serve as their protectors from invaders, the Gogobas guilt tripped them into staying by giving a royal feast and treatment for them alone and then stay overnight with their fines accommodations. Sonic and Tails tried to sneak away at night, but the Gogobas stayed up and guilted them to stay as their protectors.
The Gogobas were soon after given a defense system by Sonic and Tails, but they let themselves get caught in it so Sonic and Tails could stay. Eventually, the Gogoba Chief allowed Sonic and Tails to go after they guilt tripped him. However, the Gogobas would not give up Sonic, so they moved into Sonic's Shack where he could keep protecting them. No sooner, Dr. Eggman attacked the shack, though after stopping him, Sonic and Tails tricked Eggman into taking the Gogobas with him. Having also been guilted into following the doctor, the Gogobas settled in his Lair where they kept annoying Eggman. Eventually though, the Gogobas returned to their village.
A number of Gogobas attended the trial between Sonic and Dr. Eggman, where Eggman sued Sonic for injuring him. When Eggman was shown to be fine, the Gogobas fled as Eggman retaliated. Sometime later, they held a game of Limbo in their village, with Sonic joining in on the festivities. Another time, several Gogobas came to see Bro-Down Showdown live in the Village Center. However, they were forced to flee and seek shelter when Obliterator Bot attacked the set. The Gogobas would soon after come to the Robot Battle Royale, where they saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypno-bot at the end. Later, a lone Gogoba would visit Meh Burger.
Hearing that an asteroid would impact the earth, a Gogoba showed up to buy a spot in Eggman's bunker to ride out the impending apocalypse in. Although the Gogoba did not get a spot, Team Sonic would stop the asteroid.
- The Gogobas were briefly mentioned in "Eggheads" before their debut, as a part of a television show Sonic was watching.
- ↑ Sonic Boom Commentaries Uncut: Ep 9 Post-Show - "Natural Selection". YouTube (19 January 2015). Retrieved on 1 June 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Beechen, Adam (17 January 2015). "Guilt Tripping". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 9. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.