|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic the Comic continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Gravel is a large-framed humanoid made entirely of earth (resembling soil, with small tufts of plant matter on his "skin").
Along with the rest of the Fundamental Four, Gravel spent four years in prison due to the Chaotix Crew. Seeking revenge, the Fundamental Four escaped prison and attacked the Chaotix's Satellite Base, with Gravel leading the frontal assault. As a battle ensured, Gravel unbalanced the heroes for his team, before taking out Vector while his teammates handled the rest.
As Gravel and his team trapped the Chaotix (sans Charmy) in a machine to liquidize them, Gravel was keen on tracking down Charmy. However, before they could executed the Chaotix, Charmy came with serveral worker bees from the Hive. As the bees split Hydran over Gravel, the pair was mixed together with Squall and Flare by the bees as they used the quartet's abilities against them. Ultimately, the bees fashioned the Fundamental Four into a pot, trapping them, although Gravel's consciousness survived the process to experience his prison.
One of Gravel's most notable feature is that he speaks only unintelligible gibberish, although his teammates seem to understand him fine and respond as normal.
Powers and abilities
- Gravel's name is the same as the one for the unconsolidated mixture of rock fragments, a reference to the element he embodies.
- Out of the Fundamental Four which represent the classical elements of Ancient Greece, Gravel represents earth.
- Just as the Fundamental Four are a parody of the Fantastic Four, Gravel appears to be a parody of the Thing.
- When speaking, Gravel's speech bubbles always had rough edges.
- Gravel at the Sonic the Comic Wiki