Sonic Generations (console/PC)
Sonic Generations (3DS)
|Appearances and Overview|
A busy rolling hilltop with large loops, treacherous caverns and gorgeous mountain water falls pouring into a dazzling clear sea.
Sonic the Hedgehog (Classic and Modern)
|Number of acts||
Green Hill (グリーンヒル Gurīn Hiru?) is the first Stage in both the console/PC version and Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations. This level is a re-imagination of the Green Hill Zone from the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Mega Drive, and part of Classic Era.
Classic Sonic's rendition of the well known zone consists of the young hedgehog running through the section at pacing to high speeds running up downward-vertical spirals, loop-de-loops and running on ceilings and platforming on wooden swings while bouncing on springs to the nostalgic end level signpost.
Modern Sonic's take on the level begins with him pacing and eventually speeding through Green Hill performing extreme "Freestyle Tricks", grinding, and blazing through by using his boost move (only available to Modern), going up half loops and doing dangerous and sometimes unorthodox ways to get through. His levels focuses on the newer generation, taking elements from Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors, by performing Freestyle Tricks, and going to extreme treacherous areas. After pacing throughout the level he comes to a cave where a gigantic Chopper starts destroying the rails Sonic is Grinding on. Afterwards, a bit more platforming must be completed before the end of the level.
The handheld version is completely different, being on the Nintendo 3DS, it is in stereoscopic 3-D and it's based on the Nintendo DS games. In this version of the level, there are grind rails, totem poles that are falling apart (which Modern Sonic can use for his own benefit) and also when the end comes up, Modern Sonic must boost through to avoid getting crushed by a giant totem pole. The camera swings around in front of the him to show the rest of the pole toppling behind him, using the amazing 3D while Sonic boosts to stay ahead. The level design is similar to the Sonic Adventure 2 version of the level.
- Doppelganger Race!: Face off against Sonic's double and beat him in a race to the goal.
- The Buzz Bombers' Revenge !: Beware of Buzz Bombers! Reach the goal before time runs out.
- Knuckles: Horde of Enemies: A horde of enemies will try to interfere in your race with Knuckles.
- Swingset Circus: Use swings to go up and up and reach the goal in the allotted time.
- High Speed Challenge: Collect Power Sneakers to reach the goal before time runs out.
- Look Out Below!: Reach the goal before time runs out, but watch out for the crumbling course!
- Tails: Way Past Fast: Race to the goal against Tails in his airplane.
- Doppelganger Race!: Face of against Sonic's double and beat him in a race to the goal.
- Jump Rush: Master the Jump Panels as you bounce your way to the goal within the time limit.
- 300% Boost Gauge Challenge: Your Boost Gauge is tripled. Reach the goal to earn the Boost Gauge Up Skill!
- Die-Hard: Clear Green Hill in 0:45.00 without losing a life!
- Ring Collector: Get 50 rings in Green Hill in 0:45!
- Keep The Pace: Grab Time Items and clear Green Hill in time!
- Rampage!: Defeat 10 enemies in Green Hill in 1:00.00!
- Stealth Attack: Clear Green Hill in 1:00.00 without defeating enemies!
- Item Collector: Get all the Item Boxes in Green Hill in 1:00.00!
- Special Trial: Defeat 1 Newtron in Green Hill in 0:30.00!
- Perfection: Clear Green Hill in 1:30:00 without taking damage!
- Ring Collector: Get 100 rings before the time runs out!
- Keep the Pace: Grab Time Items and clear Green Hill in time!
- Rampage!: Defeat 10 enemies in Green Hill in 1:00.00!
- Stealth Attack: Clear Green Hill in 1:30.00 without defeating enemies!
- Special Trial: Defeat 2 Choppers in Green Hill in 1:00.00!
- Sonic the Hedgehog/Super Sonic (Classic and Modern)
- Miles "Tails" Prower (Classic and Modern, Rescue Modern character, Modern mission for Act 2 - Console only)
- Knuckles the Echidna (Mission for Act 1 - Console only)
- Despite the level being a remake of Green Hill Zone, some elements of other similar levels are included in the stage, most notably the Corkscrews from Emerald Hill Zone
- However, Act 1 of the 3DS version has the exact same layout as Act 1 on Green Hill from Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The stone totem poles featured in this level seem to be the same ones found in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing's Seaside Hill.
- This is one of the only stages in Sonic Generations to be in both versions of the game (PS3/Xbox 360/PC & 3DS) the other being Casino Night (but only through the Downloadable content for the former.)
- In the sign post at the end of the level, on the PS3/360/PC versions it shows Classic Eggman while on the 3DS version it shows Modern Eggman.
- A demo for Modern and Classic Green Hill was released on 19 October 2011.
- Prior to this, a demo for Classic Green Hill was released on June 2011 for at least 20 days until it the demo was re-released in October 2013 with Modern Green Hill.
- Act 2 of Green Hill in the Console/PC version seems to be the only classic level that isn't falling apart (the modern versions of Chemical Plant and Sky Sanctuary are falling apart). Ironically, the totem poles are falling apart in the 3DS version's second act.
- In the 360/PS3/PC version, Green Hill is one of the two zones to have a "Going Fast" version of the act 2 song, the other being Sky Sanctuary. It's also the only zone with a "Boost" remix in the 3DS version.
- Buzzer's appear in this stage even though they didn't appear in the original game. It's only present in the console version though, as the 3DS version has Buzz Bombers instead.
- The color of the textures in the Console/PC version resembles the ones from the original 16-bit version while the 3DS ones resemble the ones from the 8-bit version.
- This is one of the 4 levels of the 3DS version of Sonic Generations that have appeared previously on a handheld game. The other are Casino Night, Water Palace and Tropical Resort.
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC