|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this location before the Super Genesis Wave, see Green Hill Zone (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
The Green Hill Zone is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a Zone on South Island consisting mostly of trees, checkered floors, grass, and water.
Sonic the Hedgehog passed through this Zone during his original adventure to liberate South Island from Dr. Eggman and his assistant, Dr. Julian Snively. After finally defeating the doctors in the Final Zone, Sonic sped all the way back to Green Hill Zone, where he flew away in the Tornado.
After the Genesis Wave was initiated a second time in a plan by Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily to take over their worlds, Sonic once again found himself in the zone, this time searching for Tails, Amy and Knuckles who had mysteriously vanished, all the while, feeling an odd sense of deja vu. After Silver arrived to tell him of a disturbance in space and time that he had traced back to this time period, Sonic came to the likely assumption that Eggman had something to do with what was happening, moments before being attacked by Copy Robot. Not too far away, Mega Man had arrived from his own world via Warp Ring, chasing after Metal Sonic. Once the two heroes where lured to the same location, a case of mistaken identity between the two of them led to a fierce battle, all of which where being broadcast to the Doctors by Tails Man. Before Sonic could win the battle due to his homefield advantage, Mega Man was able to retreat to his world through a warp ring opened by his father Dr. Light, as Sonic gave chase after him. Eventually, Green Hill Zone and the world was restored to normal, though not without disruptions.
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Green Hill Zone's original timeline ended.
During the Shattered World Crisis, Sonic was scouting the area for signs of an Emerald Shard, when he came to the continent's edge. Running down the edge, he found a stranded Locky, as well as one of the Master Emerald's shards. As he climbed back up, a Genesis Portal appeared and he was ambushed by three of the Deadly Six, who were under Sigma's control. Sonic was quickly knocked unconscious and the Zeti took him to their stronghold on the Lost Hex. These event were later erased from history when Xander Payne's changed the past.
- The Green Hill Zone is based on the iconic first stage of the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Mega Drive, with variations appearing in later games.
- On his Twitter feed, Ian Flynn mistakenly said that Green Hill Zone was on Westside Island instead of South Island. He later admitted his error, and eventually clarified on another Twitter post that Green Hill Zone was on South Island.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (10 August 2016). Retrieved on 23 August 2016. “Levi Mitchell: Could you please clarify if Green Hill Zone is located on South Island like in the games or Westside Island? That got confusing / Ian Flynn:
GHZ - South Island
EHZ - Westside Island
Royal Hills Zone - Westside Island”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Universe #76, "Worlds Unite! Part One: Across Time and Space"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #288, "Genesis of a Hero Part One: Where It All Began"
- ↑ Mega Man #24, "When Worlds Collide Part One: Kindred Sprits"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #51, "When Worlds Collide Part Two: Mistaken Identities"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #248, "When Worlds Collide Part Three: No Holds Barred"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- ↑ Ian Flynn on Twitter. Twitter (8 June 2016). Retrieved on 8 June 2016. “Alexander Soerensen: Is it an error that the ravine in SU 87 is shown on Westside Island, even though it was shown in the Green Hill Zone in SU 76? / Ian Flynn: GHZ is in Westside Island.”