Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This move exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the stomping attack, see Ground Pound.
When performing the ground pound, Knuckles delivers a full-powered punch directly into the ground. This attack is powerful enough to shatter a gigantic asteroid in space to pieces with a single blow. The force from this blow creates rippling shockwaves of destruction which can send surrounding enemies like Stuffer Bot and Badniks flying. Knuckles can as well control which targets the ground pound affects to a degree, allowing him to sent specific objects flying with the shockwaves while those caught in their wake are only mildly affected. However, the ground pound does not affect targets that are too big and heavy.
- The ground pound is the reason why Knuckles is not long permitted to be inside the library.
- The ground pound served as the inspiration for the Knuckle Slam.
- Knuckles' Mirror Dimension counterpart can also use the ground pound, but with far greater power and control.
- Concept artwork for this move appeared in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Sanzaru Games (September 27, 2016). Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Level/Area: Sonic's Shack. "Knuckles’ Ground Pound: Here’s some sweet concept art of Knuckles’ signature combat move, the ground pound. It has the ability to create rippling shockwaves of destruction which send his enemies flying. It is the reason why Knuckles is so feared on the battlefield… and also why he is no longer permitted inside the library."
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom Dev Diary 1 of 3. YouTube (5 October 2015). Retrieved on 30 September 2016. “Jon O'Connor: We've incorporated a lot of things from the TV show, like the Enerbeam system, Knuckles' smash, Amy's hammer going through the special move when you're running...”
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.