|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Gun Hawk is a character that appears in the anime series Sonic X. It is a mass-produced robot model created and deployed by the military organization Guardian Units of the Nations following the Perfect Chaos incident.
Following Perfect Chaos' attack on Station Square, the Gun Hawks were constructed by GUN upon clearance from the President to combat the threat of Dr. Eggman. Supposedly, the Gun Hawks' design was derived from the studies of the E-Series robots that the government had gotten a hold of. Unbeknownst to GUN however, data on the Gun Hawks was hacked by Eggman.
Shortly after their creation, numerous Gun Hawks were stationed on Prison Island. There, a single Gun Hawk tried ambushing Dr. Eggman, Decoe and Bocoe when they invaded the island, only for the doctor to ambush it and crush it with his Egg Mobile. A squadron of Gun Hawks were soon after sent to the National Museum of Art to stop Shadow the Hedgehog from stealing a Chaos Emerald, but were quickly taken out by the hedgehog.
Little over a day later, Prison Island's Gun Hawks were unleashed against Eggman during his second invasion of the island. However, they were all unable to stop Eggman, who easily held them off while his others plans were carried out. While Sonic and his allies were labeled as criminals, more Gun Hawks engaged Sonic and Knuckles in the city. However, the duo escaped while their allies distracted the robots.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Masaki, Hiro (30 October 2004). "Project: Shadow". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 33.
- ↑ Masaki, Hiro (16 November 2003). "Project: Shadow (Japanese dub)". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 33.
- ↑ Shiraishi, Masahiko (6 November 2004). "Shadow Knows". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 34.
- ↑ Houjou, Chinatsu (13 November 2004). "Sonic's Big Break". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 35.
- ↑ Masaki, Hiro (20 November 2004). "Shadow World". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 36.