|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- You may be looking for Dixon.
Gunther is a humanoid animal, similar to a mongoose or meerkat, of average height and slender built. He has jasmine fur with old gold fur around his eyes and light tan fur on his muzzle and chest, light blue eyes, a long and slightly bushy tail and oblique round ears on the sides of his head. His attire consists of a checkered blue and blue-grey flat cap, rectangular glasses, a long-sleeved blue jacket, white gloves and tall red and white shoes.
Gunther was dispatched by "Modern Lair Magazine" to Dr. Eggman's lair to do a site inspection to determine whether the lair qualified to be in their issues or not. At first, Gunther was not pleased with what he saw in the lair and deemed it too old-fashioned. Upon Dr. Eggman's insistent begging for another chance though, Gunther gave him one week to redecorate. When Gunther returned, he was much more impressed with the improvements made (courtesy of Amy Rose). Deeming the lair acceptable, Gunther promised to return with the photographer Diane Aardvark the next day. When they arrived however, they found the lair in utter ruin from Team Sonic. As Gunther was left stunned by this sight, he was fired by Diane. He would eventually get his job back though.
At New Year's Eve, Gunther came to the New Year's Eve party held in the Village Center where he got to see Soar the Eagle at work and have a chat with Wolfie. Gunther would later help her boss with a photo shooting of Comedy Chimp which soon shifted focus to Knuckles. Another time, Gunther came to the Robot Battle Royale to watch the tournament, where he saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypno-bot at the end.
Speaking in a slight French accent, Gunther is pompous, smug and not easily impressed. He holds high standards for the modern take on lairs and a bunsen burner just a couple of degrees off is enough to disgust him. While strict in his judgment, he is not unreasonable and will give others a second chance to impress him. He is very no-nonsense orientated and rather fearless, remaining unaffected by Eggman's threats or sweet-talk. For all his composure though, extremely shocking sight are enough to leave him absolutely stunned.
- Dixon uses the same character model as Gunther.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (23 June 2016). Retrieved on 26 June 2016. “Tiara Kemuri: Umm did Photographer assistant have a real name? / Bill Freiberger: We like to call him Gunther.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.