|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Hammer Gloves are objects that appear in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. They are a pair of black brass knuckles used by Knuckles the Echidna during the time his Chaos powers were inactive.
The Hammer Gloves were created by Rotor Walrus for Knuckles the Echidna to increase his strength following the loss of his powers after coming back to life. This equipment was used by Knuckles to fight the opposition that had occupied Angel Island, although they were discarded by Sonic when they were to face Hunter as he preferred to "travel light." Knuckles subsequently abandoned them after regaining his powers.
- When Jonathan Gray drew the Hammer Gloves, they looked like a black cover over most of his hands. When Steven Butler drew them on the recap page in Sonic the Hedgehog #138, the Hammer Gloves greatly resembled the Shovel Claws, only they were black instead of gray.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #140, "Return to Angel Island Part 3: How Many Echidnas Does It Take to Protect a Master Emerald?"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #138, "Return to Angel Island Part 1: The Message"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #139, "Return to Angel Island Part 2: Avatar"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #141, "Return to Angel Island Part 4: Ultimate Hero"