|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Zone was discovered by the Dark Legion in 3237 after they discovered the secret portal ring to the Hidden Palace's entrance. After Locke entrusted the Master Emerald to the protection of the Dark Legion, Lien-Da had the Master Emerald moved from Haven to the Hidden Palace where it could not be located by the forces of the Eggman Empire. The Hidden Palace Zone as a whole acted as the Dark Legion's hidden base of operations to act as Angel Island's resistance movement against the Dingo Regime under Kage Von Stryker's rule, and it was where the few rescued echidnas lived in freedom.
Return to Angel Island
After Sonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles arrived on Angel Island along with the Chaotix, they were brought to the Hidden Palace Zone. Once there, Dr. Finitevus brought them to the Hidden Palace for a tour.
Although Sonic, Knuckles, the Chaotix and the Dark Legion managed to successfully liberate Locke from captivity in Cavem Canus, at the same time Dr. Eggman dispatched Hunter to the Hidden Palace to retrieve the Master Emerald. Though Hunter got many echidnas sent to the Egg Grape Chambers, he was ultimately killed by Knuckles. Although Dr. Eggman had learned of the Hidden Palace Zone's location from Hunter, the Master Emerald was moved to a new safe location.
- Note: From this point, the Hidden Palace Zone's history continues from its new existence in the altered timeline.
Points of interest
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Angel Island"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sonic the Hedgehog #139, "Return to Angel Island Part 2: Avatar"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #140, "Return to Angel Island Part 3: How Many Echidnas Does It Take to Protect a Master Emerald?"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #141, "Return to Angel Island Part 4: Ultimate Hero"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog Free Comic Book Day 2012, "Sonic: Genesis Awakenings - Knuckles the Echidna"