Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- Not to be confused with Hidden Palace Zone (Archie).
The Hidden Palace Zone is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a large cave located on Westside Island deep below the Mystic Cave Zone. It is lined with thousands of green-colored gems, many of which bare an uncanny resemblance to the Master Emerald.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Many years later, Doctor Eggman had come to this zone in his quest for power. He had fought Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prower here, where the mad scientist was defeated and forced to retreat.
After Walter Naugus' plans for Eggman Land were foiled by Dr. Eggman, he retreated to this zone to increase his powers through the use of emeralds and the Master Emerald shards he possessed. Knuckles and Amy came to the zone later on in search of the remaining Master Emerald shards. They were joined by Team Dark, who were looking for Eclipse the Darkling, a rogue alien.
Naugus crystallized Omega so that the latter could get rid of Shadow, Amy and Rouge. Naugus then shape-shifted into a purple echidna named Nixus, tricking Knuckles into believing that he was not the last echidna. "Nixus" led Knuckles to a secret chamber accessed by Hidden Palace's organ where they could assemble the Master Emerald in peace. Knuckles, however, was crystallized and Nixus revealed himself to be Walter Naugus. Naugus stole Knuckles' shards and kicked him out of the secret chamber so that he could assemble the pieces himself. Knuckles was forced to regroup with the others as they faced a crystalized Omega.
The ensuing battle was so intense that it shook the cave, but eventually, Knuckles and company freed Omega from Naugus' control and confronted the wizard, who crystallized the group. Naugus then tried to get away with the fully constructed Master Emerald using a Teleporter in the caves, but Knuckles and Team Dark caught up with Naugus and stopped him before he could use it. After Naugus was arrested by G.U.N., the Royal Guard was sent to keep constant watch over the Hidden Palace Zone.
- The Hidden Palace Zone is based off the re-released zone in the 2013 version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- The entrance to this Zone through the Mystic Cave Zone is similar as to how the Zone is accessed through the previously inescapable spike pit in the Mystic Cave Zone in the 2013 re-release of Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic Universe #88, "Shattered Part Two: Lies & Half-Truths"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2013)
- ↑ Sonic Universe #86, "Eggman's Dozen Finale: Synergizing"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic Universe #87, "Shattered Part One: Closing In"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #89, "Shattered Part Three: Lost & Found"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #90, "Shattered Finale: Restoration"