|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Hoverboards are skateboard-based equipment which, like their name implies, are capable of hovering above ground or flying through midair. They are highly maneuverable, capable of making sharp 180 degree turns and pulling off acrobatic stunts. They can also move at high speeds, though they are not as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog. Using them effectively requires a great deal of skills and focus however.
The Hoverboards come in various designs, from rustic to high-tech. They can also be fitted with armaments which can be deployed while riding them.
The Hoverboards were used by for the first stage of a race between Fastidious Beaver, Tails and Dr. Eggman to see who was worthy of being Sonic's sidekick. Following a tough trip through the jungle, the contestants that were left discarded the Hoverboards for the next stage of the race. Eggman would afterwards put his own custom Hoverboard on display in his lair. Sonic and Tails later had a Hoverboard race when they stumbled upon Gogoba Village. Returning home, Sonic and Tails used their Hoverboards to stop some Badniks when the Gogobas, who had followed them home, got in their way.
List of Hoverboards
Sonic's Hoverboard is made of yellow wood with a round rear and front, and has sides that curve inward. It has a metal strap around the middle and a wired cylinder component on the edge of the rear. It also has a metal disk on top of the rear and two hover engines below it.
Tails' Hoverboard is made of wood with two propellers for propulsion fitted on the rear. It is also fitted with a tailplane at the rear and is charged with a counter on the front. It also has stabilizers on the sides of the front and a metal square right behind the counter for Tails to sheer the Hoverboard with.
Dr. Eggman's Hoverboard
Dr. Eggman's Hoverboard is made of sleek metal with a red stripe design down the middle and a red triangular tip on the front. It has as well circular foot-controls for maneuverability and black twin-tailplanes. Also, its underside is black with blue lighting.
Eggman's Hoverboard can deploy cylindrical weapons with blue slit-like eyes in their centers. These units can protrude red razor-sharp blades to attack opponents.
Fastidious' Hoverboard appears to be made of wood with metal straps for keeping his feet in place. Curiously, it is capable of hovering without any noticeable components, and has no form of propulsion other than gravity.
Knuckles' Hoverboard (Mirror Dimension)
The Mirror Dimension's version of Knuckles rides two Hoverbords for each foot. These Hoverboards are identical in terms of design to the one used by the Sonic Boom World's version of Tails, but with grey boards and red components.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Beechen, Adam (17 January 2015). "Guilt Tripping". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 9. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog on Twitter. Twitter (25 March 2015). Retrieved on 16 March 2016. “Sonic the Hedgehog: Which Tails invention is your favorite? UT - Reverse Polarizer - Unbolterizer - Hoverboard”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.