Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Hoverboards are skateboard-based equipment which, like their name implies, are capable of hovering above ground or flying through midair. They are highly maneuverable, capable of making sharp 180 degree turns and pulling off acrobatic stunts. They can also move at high speeds, though they are not as fast as Sonic the Hedgehog. Using them effectively requires a great deal of skills and focus however.
The Hoverboards come in various designs, from rustic to high-tech, and can be fitted with armaments for offense while riding them.
The Hoverboards were used by for the first stage of a race between Fastidious Beaver, Tails and Dr. Eggman as a test to see who was worthy of being Sonic's sidekick. Following a tough race through the jungle (during which Fastidious got knocked out), the contestants left the Hoverboards for the next stage. Eggman would afterwards exhibit his own custom Hoverboard in his lair.
While having a Hoverboard race through the jungle, Sonic and Tails stumbled upon Gogoba Village. After escaping the village, only to meet the Gogobas at home, Sonic and Tails used their Hoverboards to stop a Badnik attack when the Gogobas got in their way.
List of Hoverboards
Sonic's Hoverboard is made of yellow wood with a round rear and front, and sides that curve inward. It has a metal strap around the middle and a wired cylinder component on the edge of the rear. It also has a circular metal pad on top of the rear and two hover engines below it.
Tails' Hoverboard is made of wood fitted with two propellers for propulsion on the rear. It is fitted with a tailplane at the rear and charged with a counter at the front with stabilizers for rest. It also has a metal square for Tails to maneuver the Hoverboard with.
Dr. Eggman's Hoverboard
Dr. Eggman's Hoverboard is made of sleek metal with a red stripe design down the middle and a red triangular tip at the front. It has circular foot-controls for maneuverability and black, twin-tailplanes. Its underside is black with blue lighting.
Eggman's Hoverboard can deploy round, cylindrical weapons with blue slit-like eyes in their centers. These units can protrude red razor-sharp blades to attack opponents.
Fastidious' Hoverboard appears to be made just of wood with metal straps for keeping his feet in place. Curiously, it is capable of hovering without any noticeable components, and has no form of propulsion other than gravity.
Knuckles' Hoverboard (Mirror Dimension)
The Mirror Dimension's version of Knuckles rides two Hoverbords for each foot. These Hoverboards are identical in terms of design to the one used by the Sonic Boom World's version of Tails, but with grey boards and red components.
- The Hoverboards bare great resemblance to the Extreme Gears from the Sonic Riders series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Beechen, Adam (17 January 2015). "Guilt Tripping". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 9. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog on Twitter. Twitter (25 March 2015). Retrieved on 16 March 2016. “Sonic the Hedgehog: Which Tails invention is your favorite? UT - Reverse Polarizer - Unbolterizer - Hoverboard”
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.