- "The Battle for Angel Island," Part Three! Sonic and Knuckles are on the ropes as their foe uses the power of the Master Emerald to become a far more formidable threat! Meanwhile, the rest of the Resistance faces off against the entirety of the Eggman Empire's Fleet... but can they win?
The Battle for Angel Island Part 3
Angel Island is currently in freefall. On the island, Blaze has taken flight, concerned that her earlier actions have brought about the island's descend. She meets up with Tangle and Amy on a nearby Egg Fleet battleship apologizes for causing the island to fall. Amy corrects her: if Angel Island is falling, then it means something has happened to the Master Emerald.
At the Master Emerald's shrine, Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow are busy dodging large crystal shards that are being fired at them by Master Overlord. Sonic himself take a small solace in that they are not facing Super Neo Metal Sonic anymore. Knuckles, meanwhile, contacts Amy. Telling her of Neo Metal Sonic's transformation, he asks if Burning Blaze is still around for heavy support. Amy relays that question to Blaze, who informs them that the Sol Emeralds' power has been diminished since their last usage, meaning she cannot transform again for a while. Knuckles promptly tells Sonic that Burning Blaze is out of the picture, and Sonic notes that Super Sonic is not an option either since they do not have the Chaos Emeralds. With Shadow determined not to lose to Master Overlord, Sonic comes up with a plan.
- Blaze the Cat
- Burning Blaze (Mentioned)
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Super Sonic (Mentioned)
- Tangle the Lemur
- Neo Metal Sonic (Mentioned)
- Angel Island is still in freefall as a result of the Master Emerald being cut off from it in Sonic the Hedgehog #10, "The Battle for Angel Island Part 2".
- Blaze recalls how she destroyed one of the wing units on Angel Island in Sonic the Hedgehog #10, "The Battle for Angel Island Part 2".
- Neo Metal Sonic is still in his Master Overlord state, a form which he achieved in Sonic the Hedgehog #10, "The Battle for Angel Island Part 2".
- The crystal shards used by Master Overlord in this story are similar to the those used by Metal Overlord in Sonic Heroes.
- At the bottom left corner of cover B, the text "SONIC SHADOW and knuckles" can be seen. This is a reference to the "& Knuckles" meme used among fans that stemmed from the video game Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
- The pose that Sonic and Shadow assume on the RI cover is similar to the one they assume in the introduction video of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
- This issue's release date was originally set for 21 November 2018, but was delayed to 28 November 2018.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #11 CVR A GRAY. Previews World (22 August 2018). Retrieved on 22 August 2018.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #11 10 COPY INCV FOURDRAINE. Previews World (22 August 2018). Retrieved on 22 August 2018.
- ↑ Notification of change.
- ↑ David Mariotte on Facebook. Facebook (13 November 2018). Retrieved on 14 November 2018.