You may call me... "Infinite"... in the brief moments that remain to you.
— Infinite, Sonic Forces
Concept and creation
During the original drafts, Infinite was originally called "Zero".
Infinite is a black being akin to an anthropomorphic animal with a black body, a reddish purple triangular gem on his chest, long, stiff, and white quills, and a bushy tail with a white tip. He wears black gloves with silver streaks on the back and sharp fingers. He also wears pointed metal black, white and silver hi-tops with his personal infinity symbol engraved on red soles.
Infinite's most noticeable feature is a silver metal mask with large ears with white and black circular patterns on the inside, and a black lightning bolt-shaped piece of metal over his right eye. However, his left eye is visible, revealing a red sclera with a yellow iris and black pupil. When hovering, Infinite gains a red aura, with red, glitch-like pixel particles.
Not much is known about Infinite or his history. Apparently, Infinite was a subject of interest for Dr. Eggman, who either came into possession or developed a crude diagram of him and the gem on his chest. He was also once housed in a glass container of Eggman's own making for reasons unknown.
At some point, Infinite formed an alliance with Dr. Eggman. Infinite himself provided Eggman with a new power that allowed the doctor to defeat Sonic the Hedgehog and conquer 99% of the planet, resulting in the Eggman Empire controlling that much of the world. Instated as the leader of Eggman's entire army, Infinite joined the ranks of Eggman's henchmen during the conflict, alongside Shadow the Hedgehog, Metal Sonic, Zavok and Chaos, and it is his existence that binds the aforementioned individuals in Eggman's army.
Infinite is an enigmatic and mysterious, yet lethal figure. While his motives are unknown, he seems intent on inflicting pain on the world. He is also cold, merciless and brutal with omnicidal and vile tendencies, all of which he has demonstrated by attacking innocent bystanders without hesitation. Extremely collected and confident with a cynical, nonchalant demeanor, he presents himself as perceptive and aloof, toying with and barely sparing his enemies a thought even in direct combat.
Powers and abilities
Infinite possesses unprecedented speed and acceleration that surpasses even that of Sonic himself, able to easily dodge one of Sonic's attacks even when he was boosting at point-blank range and move several meters almost instantaneously. He possesses far greater strength than Sonic as well, enough to knock away someone of Sonic's size with enough force to crack a concrete arch upon impact. Some of Infinite's more supernatural skills include the power to create and summon red cubes of energy, which he can move around telekinetically, and firing energy beams from his hands. Infinite is also capable of levitation.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Silver the Hedgehog
- "The little blue savior... but what's that I smell?"
- —Infinite, "Enter Infinite" trailer
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 SEGA® Releases New Sonic Forces™ Trailer and Key Art. Gamasutra (13 June 2017). Retrieved on 14 June 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sonic Forces - E3 Trailer. YouTube (13 June 2017). Retrieved on 15 June 2017. “In a world conquered by Dr. Eggman, it’s up to Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, and your own Custom Character to fight back. Even together, the three heroes won’t have it easy – Eggman has assembled his own roster of all-star villains, including a mysterious new enemy with an even stranger ability…”
- ↑ Shun Nakamura on Twitter (Japanese) (15 July 2017). Retrieved on 15 July 2017. “Shun Nakamura: インフィニットは、原案ではゼロという名でした。”
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 『ソニックフォース』プロモーション映像 (Japanese). YouTube. Sega (13 September 2017). Retrieved on 14 September 2017.
- ↑ Sonic Forces Japanese website (Japanese). Characters. Archived from the original on 11 September 2017. Retrieved on 11 September 2017.
- ↑ SSF1991 (12 April 2017). Famitsu Has Released New Information On Sonic Mania & Forces, Iizuka Interview. Retrieved on 12 April 2017.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 Sonic Forces - Enter Infinite. YouTube. Sega (20 June 2017). Retrieved on 20 June 2017. “Meet Infinite, a mysterious new foe in Sonic Forces with even stranger powers. With Eggman's army on the rise and Infinite at the tip of the spear, even Sonic and his strongest allies are in for a fight they won't soon forget.”
- ↑ Sonic Forces producers on the Avatar and story plus more, brief Sonic Mania talk (Japanese). Famitsu (14 June 2017). Retrieved on 8 August 2017.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 media:SFscan 15.jpg