Jawz in Sonic Colors
Blue, Yellow, Gray
Yellow and Black
|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
Jawz (ジョーズ), known as Jawzun (ジョーズン) in Japan, is a Badnik that appears in Hydrocity Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 3. It makes a returning appearance in both versions of Sonic Colors, in the Aquarium Park stage. It resembles a shark.
In Sonic 3, Jawz are usually found in groups. They relentlessly swim in a straight line, but make no effort to attack the player. Nevertheless, they can be dangerous if the player only notices them at the last second. Jawz behaves the same way in Sonic Colors.
- The name of this Badnik is an obvious parody of the shark movie, Jaws.
- In Sonic Labyrinth, there is a Badnik named Octoto which is similar to Jawz.
- The character Johnny shares some similarities with this Badnik, as both of them have shark and missile qualities (with Jaws being a torpedo and Johnny being more of a rocket).
- In Sonic Jam, they are called Jaws, which is the name of another badnik. This is considered a mistake.
- Jawz' attack pattern is similar to Balkiry's.