|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Jeff is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He was a Mobian weasel who once worked with Nack the Weasel, but was later killed by Nack himself.
Jeff was very similar to Nack in terms of appearance and body proportions. Jeff, however, had paler purple fur, small stubbles around his muzzle and long hair turfs on top of his head. For attire, he wore a thick green vest, a white undershirt, green pants with brown harnesses, and long black boots.
Jeff was once a henchmen working alongside Nack the Weasel, Karl and Konor when Nack abducted Sally Acorn. After Sally was successfully knocked out and grabbed by the weasels, Jeff was knocked off his speeder bike and captured for interrogation. Unmoved by Bunne Rabbot's threat to drop him out of a window, he later was convinced by King Max and a group of his strongest royal guards to reveal the location of Nack, Karl and Konor. Karl and Konor were later brought back and imprisoned with Jeff, while Nack managed to flee the scene and avoid incarceration altogether.
Some time later, Nack was imprisoned after his failed assassination attempt on Mina Mongoose. Threatened with being put in the same cell as Jeff, Karl and Konor if he did not reveal who hired him, Nack squealed on Dr. Eggman. Nack was captured later, only to find Jeff and the gang bulked up and very displeased about being left behind. Later, when Nack escaped from his cell, he went to the prison kitchen and poisoned the food, which resulted in the death of Jeff.
Jeff was evidently very fearless, not being intimidated the slightest even under the threat of being thrown out of a window far above ground.
- Jeff was never named during his appearance in the comic, but his name was given in a story script. He is specifically named after the artist of his debut arc.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog #163, Nack states he planned to "Hit the kitchen on my way out and leave my former gang buddies a little 'gift'". Because it was not specified in the issue clearly, writer Ian Flynn elaborate in a Q&A that Nack poisoned the prison food, thus killing off Jeff, Karl, and Konor.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Nack the Weasel"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #122, "Heart Held Hostage"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #123, "Heart Held Hostage Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #153, "Songoose Part 1 of 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #163, "The Darkest Storm Part Two: Onset of the Squall"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (21 June 2006). Ian Inquiries - Additional Extension!. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.