Jellies are based on jellyfish; their main body has a pair of eyes and three tentacles sprouting from below their body. Each tentacle consists of four ball segments.
Similar to the Grabber, the Jellies have more realistic movements. If a character gets caught in their long arms, it will electrify them and blowing themselves up in the process. Like in Grabber's case, the player can escape the Jellies' grasp by mashing the jump button several times. The player has to hit the Jellies upwards to avoid being electrocuted.
- Being the only new Badnik to be featured in the 2013 re-release, Jellies do not appear in any known prototype and were likely an original concept for the Zone's official re-creation.
- Just like Grabber, the Jellies' Animal will not be freed if it self-destructs.
- ↑ Simon Thomley (Stealth), through text, seems to have written "We call it Jellies!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLInKn8py9A#t=66m
- ↑ An administrator of the website Sonic Retro asked about the jellyfish Badnik's wiki entry, dubbing it "Jellygnite". http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=31061&st=2325
- ↑ Craig Stitt, the original designer of the deleted Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, stated that many (if not all) of the enemies are different, but enemy appearance and behavior were possibly not finalized. To his recollection, he can conclusively confirm that the addition of the boss and organ are new assets and not part of the planned zone. http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=32947&st=45