|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Jerome Wise (ジェローム・ワイズ Jerōmu Waizu?) is a character in the anime series Sonic X and its comic series published by Archie Comics. He was the President's aide and press secretary, but was paranoid with the attention that the new hero, Sonic the Hedgehog was getting, fearing that he would be elected the new President or make the current one lose in the re-elections. In response, Wise went paranoid with having Sonic either destroyed or without credibility enough to become popular, but this only resulted in Wise's dismissal and the loss of his job, which later cost him his home. In the comics, this made him join forces with the mysterious Organizer to create the evil S.O.N.I.C.X. organization, who seeks to destroy Sonic for ruining each member's lives.
New Wolrd Saga
Chaos Emerald Saga
After Sonic's victory over Dr. Eggman, Wise fears that Sonic's popularity will soon overshadow the President's, so he makes a party at the White House to have them both meeting each other, thus raising the President's re-election. Once Sonic decided to spend the day with Christopher Thorndyke's friend Helen instead of going to the party, Jerome contacted the military to find him while keeping the photographers and reporters purposely drunk (in the dub, it is toned down to make them sleep out of boredom) so they can stay. With the reporters all asleep, Sonic finally arrives and greets the President, much to Wise's shock.
Sam Speed later challenges Sonic to a race with the President's support after Wise tricked him into doing so to raise his votes, but Sonic refuses to participate despite all the effort. Wise becomes paranoid and secretly calls Dr. Eggman, asking for his help to make Sonic compete in exchange for first-line tickets to an ice skating show (in the Japanese version, in exchange for cream puffs) However, in the end, Jerome is exposed for making the deal, and gets fired by the President himself for that what he did. His job is later given to Christina Cooper.
Later, Wise is seen as a sanitation engineer (garbage man) (Japanese and French versions only), but later he also gets fired from that job.
Wise eventually becomes a homeless man after being unable to find a decent job.
Egg Moon Saga
Wise was eventually recruited by the Organizer to form a secret organization to get rid of Sonic and his friends. Wise, after hours of searching in the internet, came up with the name "Society for Observing and Neutralizing Inter-dimensional Creatures and Xenomorphs" (S.O.N.I.C.X.). After Sonic mocks him about it, all of the other members glare at him angrily, clearly indicating they didn't approve of the name either. Regardless, Sonic escapes despite their attempts to contain him.
- Wise's role is slightly secondary in the anime, while it becomes slightly minor in the comics. A similar change was done to S.O.N.I.C.X. members Doctor Kai Narasu and Hector Dragg: both had only small cameos in the anime, but became secondary characters in the comics.
- In the Japanese version of Sonic X he has mentioned having a wife named Vivian who leaves him after he gets fired from his position as the President's aide. He mentions her occasionally afterwards.
- This is unknown who caught him negotiating with Dr. Eggman.
- ↑ http://www.animeaufdvd.info/synchro/serien_143.php
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 File:Sonicx-ep41-eye1.jpg
- ↑ Urawasa, Yoshio (6 December 2003). "That's What Friends Are For". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 14.
- ↑ Urasawa, Yoshio (21 February 2004). "Fast Friends". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 21.
- ↑ Masaki, Hiro (20 March 2004). "A Dastardly Deed". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 25.
- ↑ Sonic X #23, "Hedgehogging Their Bets"