|Jet the Hawk|
Jet the Hawk
|Also known as||
100 cm (3' 3")
33 kg (72 lb)
Emerald green, dark emerald green, white, red
|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
|Moves and techniques|
Jet the Hawk (ジェット・ザ・ホーク Jetto za Hōku?) is a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is an anthropomorphic fourteen-year-old green hawk and the leader of the current generation of Babylon Rogues. He is known as the "Legendary Wind Master" (伝説の風使い Densetsu no kaze tsukai?) due to his mastery at Extreme Gear riding, which has earned him an impressive reputation.
Cocky and brash, Jet is very arrogant and prideful about his Extreme Gear skills. While he is the Babylon Rogues' leader, Jet rarely takes his responsibilities seriously, though he knows when to assert his authority. He is also greedy, always seeking riches and fortunes, and has no tolerance for failure. In a race, however, Jet seeks only to win fairly.
After being beaten by Sonic the Hedgehog in Extreme Gear riding, Jet has had an intense rivalry with Sonic, having become Sonic's most potent rival in Extreme Gear racing. Ever competitive towards Sonic, Jet has made it his foremost goal to best the blue hedgehog in speed and claim the title as the fastest thing in the universe.
Jet was born into the Babylon clan of thieves known as the Babylon Rogues. He is a descendant of the Babylonians, an alien race that stranded on Earth in ancient times and became a legendary band of thieves which continued their legacy of thieving for generations.
At some point, Jet became a member of the Babylon Rogues. When Jet's father retired from the Babylon Rogues, Jet was passed down the position as leader of the Babylon Rogues and the Key to Babylon Garden from his father. Joined by Wave the Swallow and Storm the Albatross, the three of them formed the newest generation of Babylon Rogues and continued their clan's legacy of theft, with Jet taking leadership of his group.
During his carrier as one of the Babylon Rogues, Jet and his group went through a number of unknown criminal activities, achieving an infamous status. Over time, Jet's skills at Extreme Gear riding became renowned worldwide, earning him an impressive reputation, eventually reaching the point where he was called the "Legendary Wind Master" and a legendary rogue. Meanwhile, Jet was determined to uncover the secret treasure in Babylon Garden, having heard the stories of the hidden treasure within it and that the Key to Babylon Garden could unlock it.
In Sonic Riders, Jet was in his office when Storm and Wave informed him that Dr. Eggman had arrived with a proposition to him. As Eggman came and explained that he had come because Jet had the Key to Babylon Garden, Jet did not trust Eggman. However, Eggman revealed that the Key to Babylon Garden could reveal Babylon Garden if they collected the seven Chaos Emeralds. Seeing that this would allow them to obtain the Treasure of Babylon, Jet agreed to work with Eggman. Though Eggman warned Sonic would get in their way, Jet was certain Sonic would be no trouble.
With the Babylon Rogues working with Eggman, the doctor hosted the EX World Grand Prix, where the contestants had to pay an entry free of one Chaos Emerald, and the winner got to claim all seven. All Jet and his team had to do was win the competition. Traveling to Future City, Jet and his team successfully stole a Chaos Emerald as an entry feed, when Sonic chased after Jet on Storm's Type-S. However, Jet quickly blew Sonic off the Type-S and escaped with his team.
After entering the EX World Grand Prix, Jet grew suspicious of Eggman's motives. Back at his office between the races, Jet was met by Storm, who apologized for losing to Knuckles in a race, and Wave. As Storm and Wave began to argue, Jet silenced them and told his suspicions about Eggman before sending Storm out to find anything Eggman could be hiding from them. Awaiting Storm's return in Green Cave, Jet remained relaxed while Wave kept fretting and lecturing him. Jet then noticed Sonic practicing his Extreme Gear skills nearby and snuck away to have fun taunting Sonic. Appearing before Sonic, Jet mocked his inability to master Extreme Gear before leaving.
After Jet made it to the finals, he and Wave met Storm at Sand Ruins, who had brought Eggman's diary. From it, Jet learned that the Treasure of Babylon was not a gem as Eggman made them believe, but actually the Babylonians' advanced technology, which the doctor hoped to use for world domination. Having no interest in that, Jet tried to leave, but Wave convinced him that the treasure could still be valuable, making stay in the competition.
At the finals, Jet mocked Sonic a final time before starting the race. Near the end of it, Jet almost lost to Sonic, but Wave detonated a bomb under Sonic's Blue Star, allowing Jet to win. After mocking Sonic in his defeat, Jet claimed the Chaos Emeralds and used them in tandem with the Key to Babylon Garden to reveal Babylon Garden. As he was awestruck by the sight, Eggman snatched the Key to Babylon Garden from Jet, and went to steal the treasure. Jet followed Eggman to Babylon Garden where he pursued him on Extreme Gear when he met Sonic, who was after Eggman too. As such, the two raced each other to Eggman.
In the end, Jet lost to Sonic. When Sonic then returned the Key to Babylon Garden, Jet refused, seeing it as pity. Wave, however, took the Key to Babylon Garden on behalf of Jet, which Jet reluctantly accepted. The Babylon Rogues then entered Babylon Garden to get the treasure, but accidentally awoke the Babylon Guardian. With the timely arrival of Team Sonic and Amy, however, Jet and the others defeated the Babylon Guardian and found the Treasure of Babylon, which was a Magic Carpet, much to Eggman's disappointment, though Jet was still fascinated by his ancestry. With the ordeal over, Jet told Sonic to be ready when they met again before taking his leave with his team.
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
In Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, a few months after the EX World Grand Prix, Jet and his team were on a treasure hunt to Gigan Rocks to find an Ark of the Cosmos, an engine unit for Babylon Garden. There, Jet deactivates the ruin's trap and took the Ark of the Cosmos. When a shooting star then appeared, Jet wished for the power to beat Sonic, only for some falling meteors to create tremors that triggered the trap, dropping some boulders down on them. However, Jet somehow activated the Ark of the Cosmos, saving himself and his team, and he realized he could beat Sonic with it.
Back on the Babylon Rogues' airship, Jet overheard Wave's analysis of the Ark of the Cosmos and that there were five them in all. Jet then ordered Wave to make a radar to find the rest when Storm suddenly came with a news report saying that a SCR-GP stole an Ark of the Cosmos from the Megalo City Museum. Jet ordered Storm to take them to Megalo Station.
Arriving in Monopole, Jet tracked down the SCR-GP with the Ark of the Cosmos and made it crash, but lost track of its Ark of the Cosmos. Searching the ground, Jet saw that Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Amy were there as well, and that they had the Ark of the Cosmos. Just as he was exploding with anger, Jet was joined by Wave and Strom. Having overheard Sonic and his friends' conversation about going to MeteorTech, Jet and his team went ahead to gather information. Arriving at MeteorTech, Jet repelled the security robots with his Ark of the Cosmos, before meeting Sonic and ordering Amy to hand over the Ark of the Cosmos. Jet then challenged Sonic to a race, but as more robots showed up, Sonic and his friends left, and Jet following them.
Racing the blue blur to the control room, Jet and the others found Dr. Eggman, who was revealed to own MeteorTech. The doctor revealed that MeteorTech's mother computer contained an Ark of the Cosmos and that the robots currently on a global rampage were collecting more Arks of the Cosmos, which Jet knew that was due to the artifacts' influence. No sooner, Jet remembered that Amy still had the Ark of the Cosmos, only to discover that she was gone and currently being chased by Storm and SCR-HD on a video screen. Returning the air airship, Jet awaited Storm's arrival and was pleased when the albatross returned with two Arks of the Cosmos. Jet then heard Wave's description of an ancient Babylonian text about a "lightless black" tied to the Arks of the Cosmos, but had little interest in it. Just then, Jet discovered that their two Arks of the Cosmos had been stolen by Eggman, who planned to use them to take control of the world's robots and conquer the world. Wasting no time, the Babylon Rogues followed Eggman.
Arriving at the Crimson Tower, Jet and his team met Sonic and his friends soon after. Just as Sonic was about to leave to stop Eggman, Jet cut him off and challenged him to a race to Eggman, with the prize being all the Arks of the Cosmos and title of the fastest in the universe, which Sonic accepted.
The race eventually came to a draw, as both Jet and Sonic stopped Eggman at the same time, and stopped the robot rampage. After Babylon Garden appeared due to all Arks of the Cosmos being present, Jet was bewildered when Sonic handed over his Arks of the Cosmos. Jet accused Sonic of running away from their unsettled race, but Sonic promised to settle it at the World Grand Prix. Shortly after however, SCR-HD appeared and took all five Arks of the Cosmos to Babylon Garden, which transformed it into Astral Babylon and made it form a black hole, the "lightless black", that threatened to consume the planet. The Babylon Rogues and Team Sonic went to Astral Babylon to stop the back hole's engine, where they faced and defeated Master Core: ABIS, saving the world.
After this, Jet talked with Wave of how he was content on staying on Earth, especially since he wanted to settle his rivalry with Sonic, and took off with his team. Later on, Jet found Sonic in Monopole and challenged him to a new race, which Sonic accepted, though the city.
Sonic Free Riders
In Sonic Free Riders, Jet and the Babylon Rogues entered the newest World Grand Prix as Team Babylon, hosted by Dr. Eggman to seek fame. When Omochao interviewed the team, Jet was confident in his skills and that the only competitor that mattered to him was Sonic.
For the first race, Team Babylon faced Team Dark, who Jet thought were overconfident. During their face-off though, Jet admitted to Shadow and Rouge that they were good. Regardless, Team Babylon still beat Team Dark, with Jet noting how blind his opponents were to their faults and that only Sonic could provide him a suitable challenge.
In their next race, Team Babylon faced Team Rose. As Team Babylon slowly secured their victory, Jet believed it could not got any differently for them. Sure enough, Team Babylon beat Team Rose, who Jet taunted for their poor skills.
Having advanced to the finals, Team Babylon squared off against Team Heroes for the championship, with Jet's only interest being to face Sonic. When the time came for Jet and his team to race Team Heroes for the championship, Jet grew suspicious that Wave had messed with Team Heroes' Extreme Gears. After his team won, Jet tried to smear his victory in Sonic's face (without luck), but then heard Team Heroes had technical trouble, which Jet thought Wave was behind. Now not feeling right about his victory, Jet called a rematch with Sonic, intending to claim an absolute fair victory. With Sonic accepting the rematch, Jet beat Sonic in the following race, securing his team's victory. As Team Babylon were hailed as victors, Jet promising Sonic a future rematch.
During the World Grand Prix, Team Babylon lost a number of times to the other teams as well, with Jet remaining confident before the race only to get upset when losing. At the end of the tournament, Jet and the other teams came to the awards ceremony to collect their prizes, but Eggman made them have a final race against his "ultimate Gear-Jockey robot". After the race, Eggman revealed that he used the World Grand Prix to gather the riders' racing data with his E-10000 robots to create the ultimate Extreme Gear which he could use for his own agenda, before challenging Jet and the others to a race. However, Eggman lost the race and Jet mocked the scientist's genius. Suddenly, however, Jet witnessed Metal Sonic reveal himself as the one controlling the participant E-10000B and passing fake data to Eggman, while taking the real data himself to beat Sonic in Extreme Gear riding. Jet and the others then watched Sonic and Metal Sonic race each other, with Sonic winning.
With Metal Sonic's defeat, the World Grand Prix came to a close and it was revealed the prizes were fake. While Wave and Storm remained upset about wasting their time, Jet remained optimistic, as he still had a good time at the end of the day.
Other Game Appearances
Sonic and the Black Knight
Jet appears as Sir Lamorak in the Wii-exclusive video game, Sonic and the Black Knight. Although he doesn't appear in the main story mode, he's unlockable afterward, and uses two twin swords. Like Gawain, his Soul Surge is Gail Meteor. He is unlocked by obtaining five Mastery Stars in Great Megalith.
Mario and Sonic series
Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games
Jet was revealed in a Nintendo Magazine to appear in Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games, but appeared as a boss. Like Rouge, he is one of the rivals that challenges the player every couple of days in the Festival Mode. In the DS Adventure tour Jet is in Cubyrinth waiting for Sonic to arrive so he can challenge him to see if he can beat him in Deluxe Halfpipe and when defeated he runs off promising to come back for a rematch later. In the Wii version, he challenges the player in Snowboard Cross.
Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Jet appears as a boss in the 3DS version of Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. When he runs into Sonic, Tails, Yoshi, Shadow, and Silver, who are looking for a fog machine, he says that he will claim it for the Babylon Rogues. He competes against Shadow in 3000m Steeplechase. When he is defeated, Tails asks for his help to find the fog machine. Jet tells him that the machine was already near them. He tries to destroy the machine (which is what Sonic wanted to do so the Games wouldn't be postponed) but bounces off the machine and gets dizzy. In the Wii version, he appears in London Party as a rival at times. He can challenge the player to Dream Discus. Also, players can win his costume with the scratch cards.
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Jet makes another appearance in Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Jet appears as a collectible trophy and sticker.
|Trophy||A hawk who is the leader of the Babylon Rogues and also goes by the moniker "The Legendary Wind Rider." When it comes to Extreme Gear racing, there is no one better. Jet's extremely competitive and takes tremendous pride in winning, so you know things are going to be exciting when he takes on the speedy Sonic in an Extreme Gear battle.|
|Sticker||Sonic Riders||[Leg] - Attack +17|
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
Jet once again appeared in Super Smash Bros for 3DS as a collectible trophy.
Jet is highly arrogant, confident, conceited and holds high standards. He has a massive ego, considering himself the fastest, holds everyone else in low regard, and often brags about his skills. While he is willing to praise others, he usually makes his complements short and follows up with an insult. Over time, Jet has matured slightly and become more of a sport as he gave Shadow and Rouge genuine compliments on their skills.
Jet is usually very rude and disrespectful, and has a snide sense of humor. He enjoys insulting others and rubbing his victory or other's losses in their faces. Even when dealing with his own teammates, Jet can be rude and disrespectful, such as calling both Storm and Wave useless and ignoring them.
Jet is extremely prideful and protective of his reputation, not wanting to look bad. He is also a sore loser and refuses the pity of others as he considers it a direct insult to his character. Regardless, he reluctantly stands by his losses and accepts them, even if it was because of unexpected events, and will work hard to overcome them. He also despises those who are faster or more confident than him.
Mostly, Jet is laid-back and nonchalant, though he choses not to show this to people he does not explicitly know, as he is too prideful to show his less-likable traits. While he knows his duties as leader of the Babylon Rogues, he does not takes his responsibilities very seriously and remains unconcerned and indifferent in the face of issues. However, he knows when to assert his authority. As a team leader, Jet is strict, has little tolerance for failure and dislikes showing any sign of weakness to anyone. Over time, Jet has become a better leader and leads his team with a better attitude.
Jet is shown to have a very short temper, throwing a fit when a portrait fell on top of him and even twitching with build-up anger. While Jet has become more level-headed in some fields, such as ignoring Wave and Storm's frequent arguments, he is still prone angry outbursts at times.
Jet has a defined love for money and treasure, which he likes the most besides himself. His primary motivation in life is to acquire as much wealth as possible, even having daydreams of stacks of gold, and if it turns out there not a profit to be gained from a heist, Jet quickly loses all interest in the matter. When it comes to acquiring wealth, Jet is very greedy and selfish, given that when he went after Eggman to get the Key to Babylon Garden back, it was because he wanted the Treasure of Babylon, rather than stopping Eggman from using it to conquer the world.
Jet enjoys Extreme Gear racing or pretty much any kind of activity that requires extreme stamina and skill, and takes enormous pride in winning. While extremely competitive and only wanting victory, Jet opposes cheating and strives to win fairly. If he cannot win using his own skills, his victory is meaningless to him, and he will actively seek a rematch to achieve absolute victory. While he may not always show good sportsmanship, Jet enjoys racing worthy opponents and can be content with the whatever the outcome may be after a good race.
Powers and Abilities
Jet possesses well above average acrobatic skills and agility, enough to reach impressive heights when jumping and leap through treetops with ease. He also has very high physical strength in at least his legs, great enough to knock away an entire desk with a single kick.
Extreme Gear Skills
Jet is a master at Extreme Gear riding, a talent that he has inherited from his forefathers. Having received the moniker the "Legendary Wind Master", Jet's skills at Extreme Gear is renowned the world over, signifying the immense level of skills that he possesses and he is presumably the greatest Extreme Gear rider on the planet, second only to Sonic. He is likewise very knowledgeable on the field, knowing many of the secrets to becomes the fastest at Extreme Gear.
On an Extreme Gear, Jet has enough skills to supposedly match or even surpass Sonic's running speed. He can perform amazing fast and complex tricks and body movements with his Extreme Gear while in midair, balance and grind perfectly on rails, stir up wind currents that can blow opponents away and engage in combat with other Extreme Gear riders without losing control.
Apart from his physical abilities and skills, Jet is a talented and professional thief. Having pulled off many successful heists and escaped captured from the authorities, Jet is a seasoned thief and talented with sleight of hand.
Beside Extreme Gear, Jet likewise has advanced piloting skills, being able to pilot the Babylon Rogues' entire airship on his own.
Jet also has the special ability to accurately read the wind streams, allowing him to ride Extreme Gears to the fullest.
Weaponry and Equipment
Jet's choice of equipment is his Type-J Extreme Gear. The Type-J is a Board type speed-based Extreme Gear, especially made for Jet by Wave and is meant for racing at high speed. Over time, the Type-J has been redesigned to be full of quirks so that only Jet can master it.
Jet wields a pair of large green feather fans called the Bashōsen which he uses with high proficiency. By swinging just one fan, Jet can release wind currents strong enough to blow opponents off course and disorientate them. He can also use both fans efficiently in melee combat, either smacking his opponents or spinning then around with both fans, knocking away anyone that gets too close to him.
Appearances in Other Media
In the Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comic books and spin-offs, Jet was a member of the Battle Bird Armada, having joined for the sake of glory. However, when Jet declined the Battle Lord's ambitions for world domination, he was put in brig. He managed to escape with Wave the Swallow and Storm the Albatross, and together they formed the Babylon Rogues and intended to obtain glory by finding the fabled Babylon Garden before the Battle Bird Armada.
After deflecting from the Battle Bird Armada, Jet and his team were employed by Dr. Eggman to defeat Sonic the Hedgehog, but failed. Following that, Jet and his team attempted to steal one of the Sol Emeralds when it showed up on Mobius, but were forced by Wave to retreat. Eventually, Jet and his team discovered the means of finding Babylon Garden, but were forced to rejoin the Battle Bird Armada. After finding Babylon Garden, Jet and his allies were stopped in their efforts by Sonic, who destroyed Babylon Garden. Having learned about his ancestry from the experience, Jet sought out to become the fastest thing in the universe.
Since Jet is the leader of the Babylon Rogues, Storm does not call Jet by his name; he calls him "Boss" and does whatever he can to please Jet. Jet doesn't really seem to take Storm as a friend as he is always acting like a leader and appoints him missions.
Jet is also Wave's boss. But unlike Storm, Wave does not bother calling Jet "Boss", she simply calls him by his name. She is the creator of Jet's Extreme Gear, Type-J. She also helps Jet by using her intelligence, But Jet sometimes seems to be bothered by her "long and boring speeches".
Jet and Sonic have been rivals ever since they met. At first, when Jet was better than Sonic in Extreme Gear riding, Jet used to make fun of Sonic. In the last court in the World Grand Prix, Jet was surprised that he was actually losing against Sonic, so he (albeit unknowingly, due to Wave's deception) cheated, which made him win. In the end of Sonic Riders, the two had a more friendly relationship bordering on friendship and promised each other to compete once again. In addition, although Jet desires to beat Sonic in racing, he does not wish to use unfair tactics to win against him, as he told Wave to not sabotage Sonic's Extreme Gear, and later told Wave off when he learned about the actual reason behind his win was indeed due to Wave sabotaging Sonic's Extreme Gear. Wave tells Jet that it's time to split up. And everyone hops on to their gears and went home. In Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, they met again and had a race, but it ended up as a draw, Sonic says at the end of the game that he'll compete Jet again in the World Grand Prix. But however, in the final ending, when Sonic was in the car, Jet called his name and went after him asking for another race. Sonic accepts it and the two compete against each other. It is unknown which one of them won the race since the credits of the game came in between.
In Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, when Jet found out that Amy had one of the Ark of the Cosmos, he had gone after her. When he caught her, he said "Alright, girly. Hand over the Ark of the Cosmos!", Amy told him that she has no idea what was he talking about, Jet thought she was lying and told her not to play dumb. When Jet had reached Eggman's Computer Room, he found out how important the Ark of the Cosmos were and knew that Amy still had them, but since she wasn't around he couldn't get it from her, but Storm got it from her, along with another one.
- Dr. Eggman (after being betrayed)
- Metal Sonic
- Sonic the Hedgehog (rival in speed)
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Vector the Crocodile
- Shadow the Hedgehog (rival)
- Rouge the Bat
Jet's theme, often associated with the entire Babylon Rogues group, is called Catch Me If You Can. A remixed version was created for the OST, and a new version was created for Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. Jet also has a unique rival theme in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
IGN had said that Jet's voice in Sonic Free Riders is more annoying but they had said that they think it's fine because he is a "jerk."  Many fans believe that Jet is a great character, as seen on SEGA's website, where they took a poll on Jet. Other than IGN, most websites leave no comment on Jet's personality or behavior.
- "Hmph! He may be the fastest creature on the ground, but in the air, with me and my Extreme Gear, he's just a joke!" - Jet after hearing about Sonic from Eggman.
- "Hmph! So YOU'RE supposed to be the fastest thing alive?" - Jet after blowing Sonic off the Type-S in their first meeting.
- "Not very impressive for someone of your reputation." - Jet to Sonic in Green Cave.
- "Why'd you do that? I was just having this great daydream!" - Jet after being interrupted from his daydream of bags of gold.
- "Hah, you're lucky you got this far. It obviously wasn't due to your skills!" Jet to Sonic before the finals race in Sand Ruins.
- "The dirt suits you so well!" - Jet to Sonic after winning the EX World Grand Prix.
- "You can't catch up with him. Get out of my way!"* - Jet distracts Sonic by preventing him from coming after Eggman.
- "Hmph! I lost! So don't play games with me! I don't want your pity, nor do I need it!" - Jet trying to give the Key to Babylon Garden back to Sonic.
- "You may be the fastest... for now... But I'll be back. Sonic the Hedgehog!" - Jet leaving Sonic the end of Sonic Riders.
- "It's been a while, Sonic the Hedgehog." - Jet appearing before Sonic in MeteoTech Premises.
- "Yaaawn, can the boring speech! What can this thing do for me?" - Jet being bothered by Wave's analysis of the Ark of the Cosmos.
- "Wave! How can we stop this storm?" - Jet asking how to stop Black Hole.
- "Hmph,I may have miss the vastness of space,this world has it's own charm.Besides...." - Jet telling his final fate.
- "Regardless of why we're here, this Grand Prix is ours, Sonic the Hedgehog!" - Jet to Team Heroes in Team Babylon's story mode in Sonic Free Riders.
- "Ugh, the both of you are useless. Looks like I'm going to have to get serious if we want to win this!" - Jet to Wave and Storm in Team Heroes' story mode.
- "Tch! If we lost, we lost! Just know that you guys got lucky!" - Jet losing to Team Heroes for the first time in Sonic Heroes' story mode in Sonic Free Riders.
- "You sure you wanna risk a rematch? I promise you right now you'll regret it!" -Jet questioning Sonic when he called for a rematch in Team Heroes' story mode in Sonic Free Riders.
- "Yeah, well, there's gonna be payback for this! You just wait, Sonic the Hedgehog." - Jet's last words to Sonic in Team Heroes's story mode in Sonic Free Riders.
- "I'm No. 1!" - Jet after winning the race.
- "Don't you worry about us. We'll take the cash and the treasure prize, just you watch." - Jet in response to Rouge's taunt regarding the Babylon Rouges finding treasure at a slower rate.
- "It's Shadow right? And Rouge! You guys were pretty good!" - Jet when defeating Team Dark in Team Babylon's story mode in Sonic Free Riders.
- "Let's go! Time to cool off, then start plotting revenge." - Jet when Team Dark defeated Team Babylon in Team Dark's story mode in Sonic Free Riders.
- "Enjoy those dreams while you still can!" - Jet in response to Vector daydreaming about having the cash prize.
- "Maybe you better walk him through it, Wave." - Jet making a joke that Eggman needs to be given lectures about Extreme Gear.
- Jet's name came from the prototype name of the character in the classic games, Nack the Weasel, as when Sonic Triple Trouble was first announced in a Magazine article in 1994, Nack the Weasel was referred to as Jet, but was later changed. This could also show how both characters resemble a lot in personality.
- Jet is the youngest member in his group, the Babylon Rogues. He is also the youngest rival Sonic has ever had in the game series alongside Silver who, like Jet, is also 14.
- Coincidentally, both of them have a seiyuu that shares the same given name (Daisuke).
- Oddly enough, in "Durarara!!" both Daisuke Ono and Kishio voice characters related to each other (the Heiwajima brothers.)
- Both Jet's and Silver's counterparts in Sonic and the Black Knight don't appear in story mode.
- Unlike most characters, Jet has a tendency to refer to Sonic by his full name, "Sonic the Hedgehog", as shown in the cutscenes of the Riders series. He started doing this at the end of the final story of the first game.
- Jet is currently the only Babylon Rogues member to have a playable appearance outside the Sonic Riders series, in Sonic and the Black Knight in the multiplayer mode.
- Jet can be considered ambidextrous. In the Sonic Riders series Jet attacks with this fans on both hands and in Sonic and the Black Knight, Jet's counterpart, Lamorak fights with two swords.
- Jet also makes more appearances than Storm or Wave do outside the Sonic Riders series.
- Jet was intended to be playable in Sonic Rivals and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, but was removed from the latter for unknown reasons.
- Some fans believe Jet to be modeled after Bean the Dynamite from Sonic the Fighters. In some cases, people even mistook Jet to be Bean. Nintendo Power Magazine played a joke on this fact by giving an image of Jet a caption reading; "Bean? Is that you, Bean? Oh! How we've missed you!".
- On that note, there is a similarity between Speedy, Bean the Dynamite, and Jet the Hawk, since they are all bird characters who have green feathers and yellow beaks.
- Jet's species may have chosen as a reference to the famous skateboarder, Tony Hawk, as they are both skilled board riders.
- In Jet's 2D images, he has nostrils on his beak. However, in his 3D renders he does not. This could be the exception with his Sonic and the Black Knight artwork, though it is hard to confirm due to his helmet blocking the "nose" of his beak.
- Jet's laughing is similar to Sonic's, because they were both voiced by Jason Griffith.
- Jet and Sonic seem to have their colors inverted, in terms of eye and fur/feather color. Jet's appearance is mostly green, but he has blue eyes, the color of Sonic. Sonic's appearance is mostly blue, but he has green eyes, the color of Jet.
- Jet, along with Wave and Storm, is the only characters in the Sonic Riders series to wear their goggles when racing in-game, though in the opening cutscene in the first Sonic Riders, that was the only time he wore his goggles in any cutscene of some sort.
- Also, most characters tend to wear their goggles when using skates in the first two Sonic Riders games, Jet basically wears his goggles more often compared to others, possibly noting to his experience on an Extreme Gear.
- In Sonic Free Riders, all three of them do not wear their goggles in game-play.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Sega. Sonic Channel. Characters: Jet. Retrieved on 30 August 2014.
- ↑ Sonic Riders English manual.
- ↑ "Are you Jet, the legendary rogue? Your reputation precedes you." - Dr. Eggman taking to Jet in Sonic Riders
- ↑ Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (Nintendo Wii) European manual, p. 3
- ↑ Nintendo Magazine at GameSpotNintendo reveal information about the Festival ModeGameSpot
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Sonic Free Riders English Instruction manual
- Jet the Hawk Concept: "Mobius" (Real Character Profile)
|Heroes||Sonic | Tails | Amy | Knuckles | Vector | Espio | Charmy | Big | Tikal | Cream | Emerl | Blaze | Omochao | Silver|
|Antiheroes||Chaos | Gamma | Shadow | Rouge | Omega | Jet | Wave | Storm|
|Villains||Eggman | Metal Sonic | Eggrobo | Fang | Eggman Nega | ZERO|
|Other||Mecha Sonic | Gerald | Froggy | Cheese | Vanilla|