Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies, and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
Julien-K is a music group that began as a side project for electronic music created by Amir Derakh and Ryan Shuck from Orgy, with the later addition of Brandon Belsky, Elias Andra, and Anthony 'Fu' Valcic.
Their debut album, Death to Analog, which was mixed by Tim Palmer, was released on March 10, 2009 in the U.S., and later on March 5, 2010 in Europe. The album was initially planned to be released on February 17, 2009, the date the United States switched from analog to digital television.
Julien-K's webpage was launched in the summer of 2003 with initial demo versions of songs "Look at You", "Kick the Bass", "Someday Soon", "Everyone Knows", and "Technical Difficulties", the latter of which was later featured both in the film and on the soundtrack from Michael Bay's 2007 Transformers. Up until 2007, the webpage said "Coming Soon." Since the official webpage launch, the site has been redesigned and updated with a wealth of information, links, photos, and other media.
Julien-K have also lent musical contributions to several video games, including Sonic Heroes ("This Machine"), Shadow the Hedgehog ("Waking Up"), and the official musical score for the 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen video game.
- Current members
- Ryan Shuck – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Amir Derakh – lead guitar, synth, backing vocals
- Anthony 'Fu' Valcic – keyboard, programming, samples
- Frank Zummo - Drums
- Former members
- Brandon Belsky – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Elias Andra – drums, percussion
- Live Members
- Eli James - Drums,Percussion
- According to an interview with Ryan Shuck, their contribution to Sonic Heroes got the band lots of fans.
- Jun Senoue happens to be a fan of a band that Amir Derakh performed in. (The band's called Rough Cutt.)
- Chester Bennington from Linkin Park have performed some songs with Julien-K, such as Kick the Bass