|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
You are the only fan I care about.
— Justin Beaver, "Battle of the Boy Bands"
Justin Beaver is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. He is an anthropomorphic teenage beaver and a world-famous pop star. Caught under mind control, Justin was exploited by his producer, Dixon, until he was freed by Dude-itude.
Justin Beaver is a humanoid beaver of average built and height. He has cyan fur with bright fur on his chest, peach skin on his muzzle, a medium-sized flat nose, triangular years, and spiky hair combed backward. Befitting his species, he has two large buck teeth and a small beavertail. For attire, he wears a yellow vest with a hoodie, a star symbol on the left, and dark yellow shoulders and hemline, white gloves with cuffs creeping up his wrist, and tan shoes with dark yellow cuffs.
Brought under mind control by his producer, Dixon, Justin became a global pop sensation among the female populace thanks to gender-specific mind control in the music tracks of his numerous (poor) songs. Under Dixon's machinations, Justin made his fans feverishly spent their money on his sub-standard merchandise to Dixon's benefit, while Justin barely had peace.
Justin eventually came to the Village where he did a signing at the music shop and later a concert at the Village Center. When Justin was about to perform though, Dreamboat Express challenged him to a sing-off. During this, the Dreamboat Express got the frequency they needed from Justin's singing to break the mind control over not only his fans, but also over Justin himself when playing as the band Dude-itude. Now free, Justin opted to get into reality TV where his producers would not exploit him. He eventually made a musical guest appearance on the Comedy Chimp Show.
While under mind control, Justin appeared as a charming and affectionate idol who gave the message that the individual girl was the center of his attention. This was only superficial however, as he would nonchalantly refer to any girl as "the only fan [he] cared about." After he was freed from his mind control, Justin saw the error of his ways and chose to pursue a less commercial career.
- Justin Beaver is a parody of Justin Bieber, a real-life Canadian singer and songwriter who became a large teen star after being discovered by accident.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger (22 August 2015). Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter. Retrieved on 23 August 2015. “Bill Freiberger: @RedHeadSaidProd voiced Justin Beaver and Colleen O'Shaughnessey voiced Zooey.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Alan Denton (15 August 2015). Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter. Retrieved on 15 August 2015. “Alan Denton: Well the guy's name was Justin Beaver, so that should give you a pretty good idea, there.”