|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies, and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
The Xbox 360 is a HD and seventh generation video game console produced by Microsoft and is the successor to the Xbox. This console hosts several Sonic the Hedgehog titles. Its successor, the Xbox One, has been announced since 21 May 2013 and it has been released on 22 November 2013 in North America, Australia, selected European Countries and Brazil, with Japan and a few more countries to be released sometime in September 2014.
Kinect is a motion sensor camera created by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 and was released in late 2010. Kinect was released to compete with the Nintendo Wii's motion controls and the PlayStation Move for the PlayStation 3. Sonic Free Riders was released exclusively for the Kinect and so far it is the only Sonic game to use the Kinect. The Kinect for the Xbox 360 is incompatible with the Xbox One though there is an Kinect for the Xbox One.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
- Sega Superstars Tennis
- Sonic Unleashed
- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
- Sonic Free Riders
- Dreamcast Collection
- Sonic Generations
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Box artwork gallery
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Princess Elise
- Mephiles the Dark
- Sonic the Werehog
- Professor Pickle
- Brenda Hernandez
- Dark Gaia
- Time Eater
Xbox Live Arcade
The Xbox 360 also has its integrated Xbox Live, an online service created and operated by Microsoft. Xbox Live allows for online multiplayer gaming and connectivity with the Xbox Games Store, an online digital distribution network. Here, in the Games Store, players can purchase and download game demos and Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) games. Amongst these games are a number of classic Sonic titles:
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Sonic & Knuckles
- Sonic Adventure
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
- Sonic CD
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode Metal
- Sonic Adventure 2
- Sonic the Fighters
Box art gallery
All Xbox 360 models have backwards compatibility with selected Xbox games via software emulation. Amongst the games in the list, all Sonic games released for the Xbox (Sonic Heroes, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Riders) will work when the game disc is inserted into the Xbox 360 console. A hard disk drive is required to save any Xbox games' progress. All of the Xbox Sonic games versions do not have a widescreen setting (despite that the Xbox has widescreen setting with all of its Sonic games) and each game has some additional emulation issues and glitches listed below:
Sonic Heroes: The PAL version of Sonic Heroes will not work if the display refresh rate is set to 50 Hz.
In-game, the text is not sharp and has some graphical errors on it (lines under or through letters). The stage title screens have lines through them. All CGI cutscenes play at around 15 frames per second but is in sync with the audio. On the opening movie the song has to repeat sections in order to stay in sync. During gameplay, button prompts are not sharp. On the title screen the logo still has aliasing issues. In the credits, the cutscenes shown actually play without the subtitles while it is meant to be muted on the original Xbox version. Although in the Xbox version, the white button is used to activate Team Blast (mapped to LB) either LB or RB (black button) will activate Team Blast.
Sonic Mega Collection Plus: Sound glitches in PAL version when playing Sonic the Hedgehog, may occur in other games.
Shadow the Hedgehog: Intro and CGI cutscenes will lag after starting. Some sound effects are muffled. Small framerate issues happen when large amounts of gunfire and enemies are on-screen. Freezes occasionally during cutscenes and gameplay.
Sonic Riders: Cinematic cutscenes have grey cylinder guides under characters, the level Metal City has loading problems as the player can see the stage progress as it loads.
- In Holiday 2008, Sega Superstars Tennis (along with Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc which came with all Xbox 360 Arcade systems until late 2009) was bundled with Xbox 360 Arcade systems.
- Of all the characters introduced on this video game console, the only two that has managed to get to another game are Silver the Hedgehog and Orbot.
- Only 2 Sonic games where released exclusively on the system, those being Sonic Free Riders and Dreamcast Collection. All the rest were also released on the PS3.
- ↑ http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sonicxboxlivearcade/default.htm
- ↑ http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sonic2xboxlivearcade/
- ↑ http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sonicth3xboxlivearcade/
- ↑ http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sonicknucklesxbla/
- ↑ Dreamcast Makes a Digital Return (10 June 2010). Retrieved on 8 June 2014.
- ↑ http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Sonic-Adventure-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411202?cid=search
- ↑ Wikipedia:List of Xbox games compatible with Xbox 360